Cannot find repository during installation w/t SLE15SP1 on H

ewanluoewanluo New or Quiet Member
Hi,

I try to install SLE15SP1, on HPE DL460c G7, using iLO console and Virtual media to mount iso file (to be DVD-ROM)

The installation stops and shows messages below:

"Unable to create repository
from URL 'cd:/?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/usb-HP-Virtual_DVD-ROM-0:0'.

Details:
Unknown error reading from 'cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/usb-HP_Virtual_DVD-ROM-0:0'
History:
- ABORT request: Aborting requested by user
- Failed to mount cd:///?devices=dev/disk/by-id/usb-HP_Virtual_DVD-ROM-0:0 on /var/adm/mount/AP_)xx3PtcT: Mounting media failed (mount: /var/adm/mount/AP_0xx3PtcT: /dev/sr0 alrea

Try again?"

It seems to fail mounting iso file.

How can we fix this issue? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Comments

• EugenEugen Senior Member
    ewanluo wrote: »
    Hi,

I try to install SLE15SP1, on HPE DL460c G7, using iLO console and Virtual media to mount iso file (to be DVD-ROM)

The installation stops and shows messages below:

"Unable to create repository
    from URL 'cd:/?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/usb-HP-Virtual_DVD-ROM-0:0'.

Details:
    Unknown error reading from 'cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/usb-HP_Virtual_DVD-ROM-0:0'
    History:
    - ABORT request: Aborting requested by user
    - Failed to mount cd:///?devices=dev/disk/by-id/usb-HP_Virtual_DVD-ROM-0:0 on /var/adm/mount/AP_)xx3PtcT: Mounting media failed (mount: /var/adm/mount/AP_0xx3PtcT: /dev/sr0 alrea

Try again?"

It seems to fail mounting iso file.

How can we fix this issue? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hi,

have you verified the ISO (checksum)? Have you tried a different ISO and did it work?
  • AndreasAndreas Senior Member
    Because it is already mounted:
    Mounting media failed (mount: /var/adm/mount/AP_0xx3PtcT: /dev/sr0 alrea"]Mounting media failed (mount: /var/adm/mount/AP_0xx3PtcT: /dev/sr0 alrea

# su
    # mount
    # umount /dev/sr0
  • Hi, I also met the same problem, I would like to ask you to solve it?How did it work out?

• This is the screenshot of my question. I am looking forward to your help to answer the questions