Isn't the new layout horrible?

PeterVargaPeterVarga New or Quiet Member
edited May 11 in General Discussion

Who approved it? When I see the formatting options which for example Stackoverflow offers with the options in this forum then I think I have landed in the year 1990.

Comments

• Hi @PeterVarga - thanks for your feedback. Yeah, we have some work to do here. :-) Our primary focus for this first round was to simply re-platform and migrate data. We'll get more into the aesthetics and usability aspects in a future revision. Please provide specific formatting options that you are seeking so that we can to our backlog. Thanks, Sarah

• No i wouldn't say terrible just different. Also I've seen and am a member of ones that look terrible SUSE's forum isn't even close to that one.

I won't mention that forum here I will however say this much it's not a Linux forum.

• PeterVargaPeterVarga New or Quiet Member

Hi Sarah, if I should sound rude, I apologize, of course it wasn't my intention and I didn't know that the forum is still in a development process. I thought this is the final version.

Thank you for asking and to be honest I think, if you could implement https://www.tiny.cloud/labs/markdown/ then this would be outstanding. Of course, I don't know anything regarding some possible prices/licenses etc.

Considering that lot of log files and commands are posted here a better formatting would help to improve the readability of the posts.

I hope something like this can be implemented. Thx, Peter

• Hi Peter,

thanks for the feedback, it is great to get feedback from our users, so we can can build the best tools and community for you! :)

Greetings

Chris (Developer Community Team)

• Turns out there was an issue with two of the editor plugins not cooperating and colliding on css. I think the editor is way nicer now...

• PeterVargaPeterVarga New or Quiet Member

Yep, definitely it looks nicer now. Thank you @atgracey