Using SUMA on Azure for clients with PAYG SLES and SLES for SAP on Azure

I have around 100 VMs on Azure with a mixture of SLES and SLES for SAP on Azure on PAYG license. I would like to use SUSE Manager to have the ability to freeze repos so I can have the same baseline of patches applied on DEV then to QA and finally to PROD.

On another project, I used SUMA for exactly this purpose but the OSes were on BYOS. When I configured SUMA, I connected it to SCC where all the customer entitlements were and I was presented by channels and repositories that I then presented to the BYOS OS clients.

How will the SUMA SCC registration work with PAYG OS clients? I wouldn't be able to connect SUMA to SCC because this particular customer only has PAYG SLES and SLES for SAP subscriptions on Azure hence no SCC account. I know that there is an SMT service on Azure but I would like more control as to what patches get applied to these systems so I'd like to use SUMA for this project.

Does SUMA 4.X support PAYG clients on Azure?

Comments

• edited August 28

Hi Andrew,
    this is a really intersting question!
    You could try contacting public.cloud@suse.com so the team can contact you with a direct answer.
    Hope this helps :)