VPN using OpenConnect on SLES 15 SP 2

Hi everybody,
I need to install OpenConnect (https://www.infradead.org/openconnect/index.html) on my system running SLES 15 SP 2 to be able to connect to Cisco's AnyConnect SSL VPN. From looking at the Package Hub it seems that I need to additionally purchase the workstation extension to install this package which is free on most other operating systems ???

I'm now thinking on building it from source. Has anybody done that and can confirm that it works? Or does anybody know any alternatives to OpenConnect which I can install on SLES without purchasing the extension?

Thank you!

Comments

• malcolmlewismalcolmlewis Knowledge Partner

Hi and welcome to the Forum :)
    I would expect the openconnect package from SUSE Package Hub along with wicked should work? I don't see the need for Network-Manager integration?

• Hi malcolmlewis,
    thank you for your answer. My SUSE Package Hub only provides plugins and language packages for openconnect. Openconnect itself seems to be part of the workstation extension. Aslo see screenshots below. Am I missing something?

edited October 8

Hi
    It's present on the SUSE Package Hub search;
    https://packagehub.suse.com/packages/openconnect/
    Not built for x86_64... Let me ask my SUSE Contacts.

zypper se -si openconnect
    S | Name                             | Type    | Version    | Arch   | Repository
    --+----------------------------------+---------+------------+--------+-----------------------------
    i | NetworkManager-openconnect       | package | 1.2.6-1.78 | x86_64 | SLE-Product-WE15-SP2-Pool
    i | NetworkManager-openconnect-gnome | package | 1.2.6-1.78 | x86_64 | SLE-Product-WE15-SP2-Pool
    i | openconnect                      | package | 7.08-6.9.1 | x86_64 | SLE-Product-WE15-SP2-Updates

• Thanks for reaching out, I'm looking forward to their answer :)

• Hi Malcolmlewis,
    did you get any answer from your SUSE contact?

@Moritz I did, but sort of indicated that the Workstation Extension was required, I've asked for further clarification as to it's appearance on SUSE Package Hub, AFAIK the only reason it's not there are package build failures. Stay tuned ;)

• @malcolmlewis thanks for your answer and support, I appreciate it. I will monitor the package hub ;)

@Moritz alas, confirmed Workstation Extension is required...