How do I cancel an exam?

KevinKevin Knowledge Partner
When I built my SUSECON schedule, I inadvertently selected the Certified Engineer in Enterprise Linux 12 SUSECON exam.

Today I received an email confirming the exam and another with an eCredit to cover the cost.

Since I have no intention of taking the exam and the email has a "no reply" email address, how do I cancel the exam so someone else wishing to take it has an opportunity to do so?

Comments

  • smfloodsmflood Knowledge Partner
    On 15/09/17 00:24, KBOYLE wrote:

    > When I built my SUSECON schedule, I inadvertently selected the Certified
    > Engineer in Enterprise Linux 12 SUSECON exam.
    >
    > Today I received an email confirming the exam and another with an
    > eCredit to cover the cost.
    >
    > Since I have no intention of taking the exam and the email has a "no
    > reply" email address, how do I cancel the exam so someone else wishing
    > to take it has an opportunity to do so?


    I've had a similar experience - I (deliberately) scheduled the same exam
    but having taken and passed it remotely last Friday (96% woohoo!) I
    removed it from my SUSECON schedule*. However last night I got same two
    credit and registration emails. I emailed SUSECON support CC SUSE
    training to report it but have yet to hear back.

    Note expiry date of credit is +1 year so theoretically you could use it
    to take exam remotely post-SUSECON ...

    HTH.

    *last Friday's attempt was using voucher from last year's SUSECON as my
    conference sitting was aborted due to technical issues. I figured I'd
    try it before the conference then retake at conference if I failed.
    Fortunately I passed so (hopefully) freed up the slot.
    --
    Simon
    SUSE Knowledge Partner

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
  • smfloodsmflood Knowledge Partner
    On 15/09/17 11:31, Simon Flood wrote:

    > I've had a similar experience - I (deliberately) scheduled the same exam
    > but having taken and passed it remotely last Friday (96% woohoo!) I
    > removed it from my SUSECON schedule*. However last night I got same two
    > credit and registration emails. I emailed SUSECON support CC SUSE
    > training to report it but have yet to hear back.

    I've heard back from SUSE Training - given the number of exams scheduled
    they were trying to get ahead of some registrations so took a risk.
    Those who have removed exams from their schedule should see cancellation
    notices once registrations are all finalised.

    HTH.
    --
    Simon
    SUSE Knowledge Partner

    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
  • KevinKevin Knowledge Partner
    Simon Flood wrote:

    > Those who have removed exams from their schedule should see
    > cancellation notices once registrations are all finalised.


    Thank you.

    I'll bet we weren't the only ones faced with this...

    --
    Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below this post.
    Thank you.
Sign In or Register to comment.