PDA

View Full Version : SLES 11 SP4 Development packages in Docker container



ovidiub13
12-Dec-2017, 22:05
Hello all,

I'm running Docker on a SLES 12SP3 machine. The machine is registered with SUSEConnect, and has the Containers module installed.

When running a container from the Docker image for SLES 11SP4, I can't find via zypper many of the packages that I find on the host or on other SLES 11SP4 machines.

For example, one package that I can't find is zlib-devel. I need that and a few others in order to compile the latest python.

The repos I have inside the contaier:


bash-3.2# zypper repos
Refreshing service 'container-suseconnect'.
Adding repository 'SLE11-Public-Cloud-Module for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
Adding repository 'SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Pool for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
Adding repository 'SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Updates for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
Adding repository 'SLE11-Security-Module for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
Adding repository 'SLES11-Extras for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
Adding repository 'SLES11-SP4-Pool for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
Adding repository 'SLES11-SP4-Updates for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
# | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh
--+---------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------+---------+--------
1 | container-suseconnect:SLE11-Public-Cloud-Module | SLE11-Public-Cloud-Module for sle-11-x86_64 | No | Yes
2 | container-suseconnect:SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Pool | SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Pool for sle-11-x86_64 | No | No
3 | container-suseconnect:SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Updates | SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Updates for sle-11-x86_64 | No | Yes
4 | container-suseconnect:SLE11-Security-Module | SLE11-Security-Module for sle-11-x86_64 | No | Yes
5 | container-suseconnect:SLES11-Extras | SLES11-Extras for sle-11-x86_64 | No | Yes
6 | container-suseconnect:SLES11-SP4-Pool | SLES11-SP4-Pool for sle-11-x86_64 | Yes | No
7 | container-suseconnect:SLES11-SP4-Updates | SLES11-SP4-Updates for sle-11-x86_64 | Yes | Yes


And on a normal (I think it's normal, I didn't set it up) SLES 11SP4 machine I have:



$ zypper repos
# | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh
--+--------------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------+---------+--------
1 | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-11-SP4 11.4.4-1.109 | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-11-SP4 11.4.4-1.109 | Yes | Yes

smflood
13-Dec-2017, 00:04
ovidiub13 Wrote in message:

> I'm running Docker on a SLES 12SP3 machine. The machine is registered
> with SUSEConnect, and has the Containers module installed.
>
> When running a container from the Docker image for SLES 11SP4, I can't
> find via zypper many of the packages that I find on the host or on other
> SLES 11SP4 machines.
>
> For example, one package that I can't find is *zlib-devel*. I need that
> and a few others in order to compile the latest python.

Are all the packages you can't find development ones (i.e. they
end in -devel)?

> The repos I have inside the contaier:
>
> Code:
> --------------------
>
> bash-3.2# zypper repos
> Refreshing service 'container-suseconnect'.
> Adding repository 'SLE11-Public-Cloud-Module for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
> Adding repository 'SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Pool for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
> Adding repository 'SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Updates for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
> Adding repository 'SLE11-Security-Module for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
> Adding repository 'SLES11-Extras for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
> Adding repository 'SLES11-SP4-Pool for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
> Adding repository 'SLES11-SP4-Updates for sle-11-x86_64' [done]
> # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh
> --+---------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------+---------+--------
> 1 | container-suseconnect:SLE11-Public-Cloud-Module | SLE11-Public-Cloud-Module for sle-11-x86_64 | No | Yes
> 2 | container-suseconnect:SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Pool | SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Pool for sle-11-x86_64 | No | No
> 3 | container-suseconnect:SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Updates | SLE11-SP4-Debuginfo-Updates for sle-11-x86_64 | No | Yes
> 4 | container-suseconnect:SLE11-Security-Module | SLE11-Security-Module for sle-11-x86_64 | No | Yes
> 5 | container-suseconnect:SLES11-Extras | SLES11-Extras for sle-11-x86_64 | No | Yes
> 6 | container-suseconnect:SLES11-SP4-Pool | SLES11-SP4-Pool for sle-11-x86_64 | Yes | No
> 7 | container-suseconnect:SLES11-SP4-Updates | SLES11-SP4-Updates for sle-11-x86_64 | Yes | Yes
>
> --------------------

-devel packages are available with the SDK so you need the
SLE11-SP4-SDK-Pool and -Updates repos.

> And on a normal (I think it's normal, I didn't set it up) SLES 11SP4
> machine I have:
>
>
> Code:
> --------------------
>
> $ zypper repos
> # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh
> --+--------------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------+---------+--------
> 1 | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-11-SP4 11.4.4-1.109 | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-11-SP4 11.4.4-1.109 | Yes | Yes

If the above is the only repo it suggests the server is not
registered as I'd at least expect to see SLES11-SP4-Pool and
-Updates.

HTH.
--
Simon Flood
SUSE Knowledge Partner


----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

smflood
13-Dec-2017, 00:10
Simon Flood Wrote in message:

> -devel packages are available with the SDK so you need the
> SLE11-SP4-SDK-Pool and -Updates repos.

See the "Writing your Dockerfile" section of htt
ps://www.suse.com/communities/blog/first-sles-container/ for an
example of adding repository to your container.

HTH.
--
Simon Flood
SUSE Knowledge Partner


----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

ovidiub13
13-Dec-2017, 13:13
The page here (https://www.suse.com/communities/blog/first-sles-container/) shows an example of using the SLES 12 Docker image.

How do I get in the container the Repos you mentioned? I have the SDK module installed in the SLES host but that is SLES 12, and the images I need to work with are SLES 11.

I've tried copying the repo file from the SLES 11 machine I've mentioned, since I see the zlib-devel package is available there. However, even after adding the repo, the pakcage wasn't available inside the container.

Any other ideas on how to get those repos added in the container?