PDA

View Full Version : I Am Novell



Joseph Marton
12-May-2012, 00:35
Cool to see some familiar names in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ER7-txaG4

--
Does this washcloth smell like chloroform?

Susan
13-May-2012, 00:37
Very good ad. Why am I not surprised Danita got in there? <G>

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

Anders Gustafsson
13-May-2012, 19:14
This guy seems vague familiar.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVnQ5fdZFYs&feature=related

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

nop1983
13-May-2012, 22:19
Anders Gustafsson wrote:

> This guy seems vague familiar.. :)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVnQ5fdZFYs&feature=related

Forstår ikke en meter af hvad han siger..
(not good friends with the German language) ;)

--

--
Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

nop1983
13-May-2012, 22:26
Joseph Marton wrote:

See now... who compares ZCM 11 with a Beetle??? Tsk tsk... ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGG7sNVswsA&feature=relmfu


--

--
Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

Anders Gustafsson
14-May-2012, 07:42
Niels Poulsen,
> Forstår ikke en meter af hvad han siger..
> (not good friends with the German language) ;)

He is Kai Reichert, used to be a sysop. Nice guy, speaks excellent
English as well :)

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

Anders Gustafsson
14-May-2012, 07:42
Me? :)

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

nop1983
14-May-2012, 08:16
Anders Gustafsson,

> Niels Poulsen,
> > Forstår ikke en meter af hvad han siger..
> > (not good friends with the German language) ;)
>
> He is Kai Reichert, used to be a sysop. Nice guy, speaks excellent
> English as well :)

Okay, English = better :)

--

Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

nop1983
14-May-2012, 08:17
Anders Gustafsson,

> Me? :)

Hehe... yes I thought of you when I saw the movie :)

--

Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

Anders Gustafsson
14-May-2012, 09:01
Niels Poulsen,
> Okay, English = better :)

I would say that the more languages you know, the better.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

nop1983
14-May-2012, 09:05
Anders Gustafsson,

> Niels Poulsen,
> > Okay, English = better :)
>
> I would say that the more languages you know, the better.

Sure... but as time goes by and you don't use it... you forget (I did
speak and write some German over 10 years ago).

--

Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

bpenris
14-May-2012, 09:36
nop1983;2195589 Wrote:
> Anders Gustafsson wrote:
>
> > This guy seems vague familiar.. :)
> >
> > 'SEP to the TOP 2012 | Novell (DE) - YouTube'
> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVnQ5fdZFYs&feature=related)
>
> Forstår ikke en meter af hvad han siger..
> (not good friends with the German language) ;)
Lol, in Dutch you'd also say that you don't understand a meter of what
he's saying :D


--
bpenris
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bpenris's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7496
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=455813

nop1983
14-May-2012, 10:01
bpenris,

>
> nop1983;2195589 Wrote:
> > Anders Gustafsson wrote:
> >
> > > This guy seems vague familiar.. :)
> > >
> > > 'SEP to the TOP 2012 | Novell (DE) - YouTube'
> > (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVnQ5fdZFYs&feature=related)
> >
> > Forst�r ikke en meter af hvad han siger..
> > (not good friends with the German language) ;)
> Lol, in Dutch you'd also say that you don't understand a meter of what
> he's saying :D

LOL... I did not know that, thought it was a Danish thing ;)

--

Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

Anders Gustafsson
14-May-2012, 11:51
Yes, you need to refresh your languages. My German is pretty horrid.
But I try to read and listen when I can. Currently studying Spanish...

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

nop1983
14-May-2012, 12:11
Anders Gustafsson,

> Yes, you need to refresh your languages. My German is pretty horrid.
> But I try to read and listen when I can. Currently studying Spanish...

Uhh... where do you get the time from?? ;)

--

Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

Anders Gustafsson
14-May-2012, 13:41
Niels Poulsen,
> where do you get the time from?? ;)

No idea, I guess I do it between work, family, fixing the boat and
taking online classes at MIT....

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

nop1983
14-May-2012, 13:44
Anders Gustafsson,

> Niels Poulsen,
> > where do you get the time from?? ;)
>
> No idea, I guess I do it between work, family, fixing the boat and
> taking online classes at MIT....

Hehe... ohh boy ;) Spanish on MIT? or?

--

Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

bpenris
14-May-2012, 15:06
nop1983;2195641 Wrote:
> bpenris,
>
> LOL... I did not know that, thought it was a Danish thing ;)
>
> --
>
> Niels Poulsen
>
> Novell Knowledge Partner
>
> -------------------------------
> A TRUE RED DEVIL
I found out in the last couple of years that there are a lot of Dutch
proverbs that can be directly translated into Danish. I have a lot of
friends in CPH.


--
bpenris
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bpenris's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7496
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=455813

GofBorg
14-May-2012, 16:12
What they don't tell you is they're all running Netware 6.5...

Anders Gustafsson
14-May-2012, 18:04
Niels Poulsen,
> Spanish on MIT? or?

No, spanish is at the community college and it has ended for this
spring, starts afain in the autumn. MIT is:

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2012/6002x-mitx-begins-today-0305.html

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

nop1983
14-May-2012, 18:15
Anders Gustafsson wrote:

> Niels Poulsen,
> > Spanish on MIT? or?
>
> No, spanish is at the community college and it has ended for this
> spring, starts afain in the autumn. MIT is:
>
> http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2012/6002x-mitx-begins-today-0305.html

Nice, I did not know they offered courses online. Not that I pass any
of the requirenments ;)

--

--
Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

Jim Henderson
14-May-2012, 18:20
On Mon, 14 May 2012 17:15:05 +0000, Niels Poulsen wrote:

> Anders Gustafsson wrote:
>
>> Niels Poulsen,
>> > Spanish on MIT? or?
>>
>> No, spanish is at the community college and it has ended for this
>> spring, starts afain in the autumn. MIT is:
>>
>> http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2012/6002x-mitx-begins-today-0305.html
>
> Nice, I did not know they offered courses online. Not that I pass any of
> the requirenments ;)
>
> --

MIT's been part of online learning communities for some time. They were
a founding member (IIRC) of the Open CourseWare project, which actually
Novell has had some involvement in as well over the years.

Though Novell's involvement hasn't been to the extent of online free
courses (which actually Stanford University has been doing - my son has
been taking C programming courses through them over the past year).

But there's been a huge uptick in online learning. Technology enables a
lot of new ways of looking at how people learn, and the model that's been
in use since the 1200s is finally being revamped. :)

Jim
--
Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10
Novell Knowledge Partner

Susan
14-May-2012, 19:32
> Currently studying Spanish.

I'm learning Spanish online via Duolingo, and finding it
a rather good method. Whatever it is, it's working so far. : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

Anders Gustafsson
14-May-2012, 20:18
Susan,
> I'm learning Spanish online via Duolingo, and finding it
> a rather good method. Whatever it is, it's working so far. : )

Yes. I signed up and intend to practice a bit over the summer holidays.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

Ben A L Jemmett
14-May-2012, 21:10
Anders Gustafsson wrote:
> No idea, I guess I do it between work, family, fixing the boat and
> taking online classes at MIT....

You're doing 6.002x too? How are you getting on? I'm quite enjoying
it, although it has highlighted in places how rusty my maths has become
since I haven't needed to use much of it for a decade or so ;)

--
Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
http://flatpack.microwavepizza.co.uk/

Anders Gustafsson
15-May-2012, 06:14
Ben A L Jemmett,
> You're doing 6.002x too? How are you getting on? I'm quite enjoying
> it, although it has highlighted in places how rusty my maths has become
> since I haven't needed to use much of it for a decade or so ;)

I am at 57% currently. I got lucky in the midterm and scored 100%, but I
definitely find the math challenging.

I always liked math, but was always much too lazy to commit stuff like
the various rules, ie what is the integral of cos or derivative of tan,
Eulers rule and all that. To boot, it has been 30+ years since I last
battled with Mr Laplace.

OTOH do I have an BsC EE and have been playing with electronics since I
was 7 so it helps. As professor AA says: "intuitive"

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

nop1983
15-May-2012, 09:32
bpenris,

> I have a lot of friends in CPH.

Hehe... I have one friend in Holland.

--

Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

Danita Zanre
15-May-2012, 14:19
"Susan" <ncc.mod@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Currently studying Spanish.
>
> I'm learning Spanish online via Duolingo, and finding it
> a rather good method. Whatever it is, it's working so far. : )

I almost forgot Duolingo! I have an account, but have been busy!

--
Danita - http://www.caledonia.net/blog

Danita Zanre
15-May-2012, 14:19
Anders Gustafsson <AndersG@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> Yes, you need to refresh your languages. My German is pretty horrid.
> But I try to read and listen when I can. Currently studying Spanish...

Italian and French here.m joe and I are working on our Italian, and James
is learning French in High School, so I'm brushing up with him (I had 4
years High School French and 1 year college French, but am not very good
after 30 years).

--
Danita - http://www.caledonia.net/blog

Danita Zanre
15-May-2012, 14:19
"Susan" <ncc.mod@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very good ad. Why am I not surprised Danita got in there? <G>

I've got some friends in low places.

--
Danita - http://www.caledonia.net/blog

Susan
16-May-2012, 01:41
<VBG>

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

kgroneman
16-May-2012, 16:30
I didn't have anything to do with it!

--
Kim - 5/16/2012 9:29:59 AM

DZanre
16-May-2012, 17:29
"kgroneman" wrote:

> I didn't have anything to do with it!

Heehee

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2012? http://www.caledonia.net/blog/?p=514
http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html

Ben A L Jemmett
17-May-2012, 22:41
Anders Gustafsson wrote:
> Ben A L Jemmett,
> > You're doing 6.002x too? How are you getting on? I'm quite
> > enjoying it, although it has highlighted in places how rusty my
> > maths has become since I haven't needed to use much of it for a
> > decade or so ;)
>
> I am at 57% currently. I got lucky in the midterm and scored 100%,
> but I definitely find the math challenging.

Ah, I'm managing to maintain 100% at the moment, but I expect the final
will change that. The midterm was great fun! Found one of the recent
weeks with a pair of monster lecture sequences a bit difficult to fit
in around work and other commitments, though :(

> I always liked math, but was always much too lazy to commit stuff
> like the various rules, ie what is the integral of cos or derivative
> of tan, Eulers rule and all that.

I'd forgotten an awful lot -- even elementary algebraic manipulation, I
kept having to pause videos even in the first few weeks to make sure I
was following -- but thankfully it came back quickly. Enough so that
the 'sneaky trick' with the complex algebra in the sinusodial steady
state sequence suggested itself to me before Prof. Agarwal did, which
was a pleasant surprise!

> OTOH do I have an BsC EE and have been playing with electronics since
> I was 7 so it helps. As professor AA says: "intuitive"

Ah, yes, that will certainly help ;) I did a little playing around
when I was a lad but haven't really touched it for a long time; only in
the last year or so when I decided to have a little fun and basically
started from scratch. Now I seem to buying random bits of test gear
for my workbench as retail therapy, oh dear...

--
Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
http://flatpack.microwavepizza.co.uk/

Anders Gustafsson
18-May-2012, 08:10
Yes. I have forgotten a lot, but things you once have learned tend to
come back when you read up on it. I did the Week 10 lab yesterday

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms