PDA

View Full Version : Days go by



kgroneman
11-Jun-2012, 18:36
Days without a new message in this forum. I guess the NCCI Facebook
Group has taken over.


--
My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me
now I changed the competition to kick boxing
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kgroneman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=456766

GofBorg
11-Jun-2012, 18:49
> Days without a new message in this forum. I guess the NCCI Facebook
> Group has taken over.

Heh heh, I was just thinking the same thing.

GofBorg
11-Jun-2012, 19:21
> Days without a new message in this forum. I guess the NCCI Facebook
> Group has taken over.

I'll say this also, more and more I'm being locked out of posting on forums
that I used to because they require FB login. Looks like freedom of speech
is under attack again and FB is the new gateway.

GofBorg
11-Jun-2012, 19:23
> gateway.

gatekeeper.

nop1983
11-Jun-2012, 19:28
GofBorg wrote:

.... and FB is the new gateway.

Well... not for me ;)

--
--

Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

Ben A L Jemmett
11-Jun-2012, 19:37
GofBorg wrote:
> Looks like
> freedom of speech is under attack again and FB is the new gateway.

There is a vast gulf between being free to say what you want to say,
and being provided with free access to a platform through which to say
it.

Which is not to take away from your point that, blergh, relying on FB
as an identity provider may not be the best idea in the world.

--
Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
http://flatpack.microwavepizza.co.uk/

KeN Etter
11-Jun-2012, 21:48
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:36:01 GMT, kgroneman
<kgroneman@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
>Days without a new message in this forum. I guess the NCCI Facebook
>Group has taken over.

Too bad...I have no interest in using FB.

Anders Gustafsson
11-Jun-2012, 22:03
Niels Poulsen,
> Well... not for me ;)

Nor me...

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

kgroneman
11-Jun-2012, 22:09
Hey KeN Etter,

>Too bad...I have no interest in using FB.

It seems you're in the minority.

--
Kim - 6/11/2012 3:09:03 PM

Massimo Rosen
11-Jun-2012, 23:35
On 11.06.2012 23:09, kgroneman wrote:
> Hey KeN Etter,
>
>> Too bad...I have no interest in using FB.
>
> It seems you're in the minority.
>

We Novell users are always in the minority. Not necessarily a bad thing.. ;)

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de

Joseph Marton
12-Jun-2012, 03:13
GofBorg wrote:

> > gateway.
>
> gatekeeper.

Or is it the keymaster?

--
Does this washcloth smell like chloroform?

nop1983
12-Jun-2012, 06:27
Anders Gustafsson wrote:

> Niels Poulsen,
> > Well... not for me ;)
>
> Nor me...

So I'm not all alone :)

--
--

Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

Anders Gustafsson
12-Jun-2012, 07:01
Niels Poulsen,
> So I'm not all alone :)

Nope. Some people seem to think that "everyone" is on Facebook, but
they are mistaken. Also even with people tat *are*, you find that they
might check their account every second month...

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

Anders Gustafsson
12-Jun-2012, 07:01
Kgroneman,
> It seems you're in the minority.

Of the people responding to this thread people with no facebook
accounts seem to be the majority...

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

nop1983
12-Jun-2012, 07:10
Anders Gustafsson wrote:

> Niels Poulsen,
> > So I'm not all alone :)
>
> Nope. Some people seem to think that "everyone" is on Facebook, but
> they are mistaken. Also even with people tat are, you find that they
> might check their account every second month...

You're right... and then there's the ones that's online AND active on
FB all day long, during work, dinner, sports etc...!

--
--

Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

KeN Etter
12-Jun-2012, 13:28
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 21:09:15 GMT, "kgroneman" <kgroneman@novell.com>
wrote:

>Hey KeN Etter,
>
>>Too bad...I have no interest in using FB.
>
>It seems you're in the minority.

I created an account when my wife and I decided our daughter could
have one. I don't remember when I last logged into it. Too many
other things I would rather do.

kgroneman
12-Jun-2012, 18:49
Hey Anders Gustafsson,

>Of the people responding to this thread people with no facebook
>accounts seem to be the majority..

hehe...that is true.

--
Kim - 6/12/2012 11:49:22 AM

GofBorg
12-Jun-2012, 19:11
> Well... not for me ;)

Me either, BUT, my point is I am not allowed to speak on forums
that require it, because I refuse to participate in FB. Therefore,
over the long term, the non-FB voter/speaker will be unheard.

GofBorg
12-Jun-2012, 19:11
> Or is it the keymaster?

Gozer.

Susan
13-Jun-2012, 01:04
There are days that go by without anyone posting to the FB group,
either. <G>

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

Susan
13-Jun-2012, 01:04
Kim:

Why do you keep bringing this up? This is about the fourth time you've
done so. Do you want to get rid of this group on the Novell servers for
some reason? : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

nop1983
13-Jun-2012, 07:00
GofBorg wrote:

> > Well... not for me ;)
>
> Me either, BUT, my point is I am not allowed to speak on forums
> that require it, because I refuse to participate in FB. Therefore,
> over the long term, the non-FB voter/speaker will be unheard.
>
>

Luckily this is not one of them :)

--
--

Niels Poulsen

Novell Knowledge Partner

-------------------------------
A TRUE RED DEVIL

Anders Gustafsson
13-Jun-2012, 13:42
Susan,
> There are days that go by without anyone posting to the FB group,
> either. <G>

There was this discussion at our house between guests:
SIL: But I posted the pictures on Facebook
Guest: I only check my FB account every second month.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

Joseph Marton
13-Jun-2012, 13:58
GofBorg wrote:

> Gozer.

Gozer the Traveler? He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During
the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and
moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the
McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant
Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths
of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

--
Does this washcloth smell like chloroform?

unsigned
13-Jun-2012, 14:05
Only in February?

On 6/13/2012 7:42 AM, Anders Gustafsson wrote:
> There was this discussion at our house between guests:
> SIL: But I posted the pictures on Facebook
> Guest: I only check my FB account every second month.
>

Susan
13-Jun-2012, 15:53
Anders:

For the first several years of its existence, I only checked my FB
account annually. <G>

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

kgroneman
13-Jun-2012, 21:02
Hey Susan,

>Why do you keep bringing this up? This is about the fourth time you've
>done so. Do you want to get rid of this group on the Novell servers
>for some reason? : )

Nope...just making observations.

--
Kim - 6/13/2012 2:01:54 PM

Marcel Cox
14-Jun-2012, 20:51
While I have a facebook account, I'm not part of the NCCI group because:

- I avoid groups as much as possible except for some groups where I'm kind
of officially involved
- I'm alergic to people making me member of a group without asking my
consent

So all in all, I'm also one of those people locked out of the "new" chat.
:-)

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcel Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8

GofBorg
15-Jun-2012, 16:57
> Gozer the Traveler? He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During
> the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and
> moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the
> McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant
> Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths
> of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

There is no Dana only Zuul!