PDA

View Full Version : SLES for SAP 11 SP4 Segmentation Fault nu_novell_com



momar
10-May-2018, 14:58
Hi Experts,

when i try to install any package using zypper i'm getting "Segmentation Fault" !

If I disable all repositories, no problem but i can't install any package with out Repos :0

I have tried various things:

zypper refresh-services -r OR zypper ref -s
Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
Segmentation fault

zypper ref
Segmenation fault


Can you help please ?

Thanks

smflood
10-May-2018, 17:53
On 10/05/18 15:04, momar wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> when i try to install any package using zypper i'm getting "Segmentation
> Fault" !
>
> If I disable all repositories, no problem but i can't install any
> package with out Repos :0
>
> I have tried various things:
>
> zypper refresh-services -r OR zypper ref -s
> Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
> Segmentation fault
>
> zypper ref
> Segmenation fault
>
>
> Can you help please ?

Since this forum is for issues specifically relating to SUSE Linux
Enterprise Server (SLES) for SAP Applications please can I check that
you are actually using SLES for SAP Applications 11 SP4 (as according to
the prefix you chose when posting)? Please can you post the output from
"cat /etc/*release".

Which repositories do/did you have enabled? Please post the output from
"ls /etc/zypp/repos.d/".

HTH.
--
Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

momar
10-May-2018, 20:29
On 10/05/18 15:04, momar wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> when i try to install any package using zypper i'm getting "Segmentation
> Fault" !
>
> If I disable all repositories, no problem but i can't install any
> package with out Repos :0
>
> I have tried various things:
>
> zypper refresh-services -r OR zypper ref -s
> Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
> Segmentation fault
>
> zypper ref
> Segmenation fault
>
>
> Can you help please ?

Since this forum is for issues specifically relating to SUSE Linux
Enterprise Server (SLES) for SAP Applications please can I check that
you are actually using SLES for SAP Applications 11 SP4 (as according to
the prefix you chose when posting)? Please can you post the output from
"cat /etc/*release".

Which repositories do/did you have enabled? Please post the output from
"ls /etc/zypp/repos.d/".

HTH.
--
Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------



Thank you Simon,

Yes, its for SAP


openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11.4
CODENAME = Celadon
NAME="SLES"
VERSION="11.4"
VERSION_ID="11.4"
PRETTY_NAME="SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4"
ID="sles"
ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:suse:sles:11:4"



GNOME.repo non-oss.repo oss.repo



i removed all the old repo, when i removed them, the issue has been fixed,

but now when i run startx, i got the below error :


Dummy input method "none" (do not use any fancy input method by default)
/usr/bin/gnome-session: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libgobject-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_variant_type_copy


can you help me on that ?

smflood
10-May-2018, 23:00
momar Wrote in message:

> Yes, its for SAP
>
>
> openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64)
> VERSION = 11.4
> CODENAME = Celadon
> NAME="SLES"
> VERSION="11.4"
> VERSION_ID="11.4"
> PRETTY_NAME="SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4"
> ID="sles"
> ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
> CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:suse:sles:11:4"

Whoa there is one glaring problem with the above - the reference
to openSUSE!

I'm also thinking that if this SLES for SAP Applications then
there should be a reference to SAP in the above output.

> GNOME.repo non-oss.repo oss.repo

Whilst I was perhaps expecting to see an odd repo none of these
are SLES (whether "regular" or for SAP Applications) and coupled
with openSUSE showing up in the output above indicate that the
server only had access to openSUSE (likely openSUSE 11.4) repos
and is likely running with incompatible packages.

> i removed all the old repo, when i removed them, the issue has been
> fixed,

By "old repo" do you mean the three listed above or some other(s)?

Whilst removing incompatible repos is a good thing that alone
won't fix the problem as I suspect you have packages installed
from them which is what is causing problems ...

> but now when i run startx, i got the below error :
>
>
> Dummy input method "none" (do not use any fancy input method by default)
> /usr/bin/gnome-session: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libgobject-2.0.so.0:
> undefined symbol: g_variant_type_copy
>
>
> can you help me on that ?

I believe the above is a symptom of incompatible packages being
installed on your server, in this case most likely from the GNOME
repo.

Is this a production server? I'm really hoping not as I think the
best thing would be reinstall it to get it to a known working and
supported state.

HTH.
--
Simon Flood
SUSE Knowledge Partner


----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/