PDA

View Full Version : SLES 15 CA Management YAST Tool Missing

11-Jan-2019, 02:05
Hello,

I am trying to export the full server certificate on my SLES 15 server. It is the certificate that was created by default when the server was built.
The last time I manage SLES certificates was on SLES 12. I easily located the CA Management console in YAST then. For some reason I cannot find it in SLES 15 in YAST, in the same security and users folder.

I have looked through forums etc, and found documents showing how that YAST CA Management tool is accessed - but I do not see it on my sever anywhere.
I also noted in my online searches that the ca-certificate services performs the certificate management etc, this service is running on my server, but I have no idea on how to access/use it.

Cannot seem to find any documents online on how to manage CA Certificate on SLES 15 without the YAST tool/plugin.

Can anyone suggest what and how the previous YAST CA Management tool has replaced it? and how to use this replacement tool?

John

smflood
11-Jan-2019, 17:53
I am trying to export the full server certificate on my SLES 15 server. It is the certificate that was created by default when the server was built.
The last time I manage SLES certificates was on SLES 12. I easily located the CA Management console in YAST then. For some reason I cannot find it in SLES 15 in YAST, in the same security and users folder.

I have looked through forums etc, and found documents showing how that YAST CA Management tool is accessed - but I do not see it on my sever anywhere.
I also noted in my online searches that the ca-certificate services performs the certificate management etc, this service is running on my server, but I have no idea on how to access/use it.

Cannot seem to find any documents online on how to manage CA Certificate on SLES 15 without the YAST tool/plugin.

Can anyone suggest what and how the previous YAST CA Management tool has replaced it? and how to use this replacement tool?

As per section 9.3 of the SLE15 Release Notes[1] yast2-ca-management has been removed from SLE15. Unfortunately no replacement is listed.

Since SLE15 and openSUSE Leap 15 are aligned I suspect it's related to https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/531653-YAST-CA-not-available-anymore-very-disappointing .

HTH.

[1] https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/SUSE-SLES/15/#Packages.Deprecated