PDA

View Full Version : Introducing my book: A Beginners Guide to SoftwareDeployment



denniswaldon
10-Aug-2012, 09:56
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to briefly report about my new book that just went
online.

It covers pretty much my beginner`s years of working with software
deployment with ZenWorks 6, 7 and ZCM.
The book is for everyone who is a beginner to software deployment and
packaging strategies, and has a chapter on ZCM at the end.

It took about 9 months to finish it, and am very proud to finally
release it via Createspace, Amazon and Kindle.

Have a look! Would really appreciate feedback.

'Amazon.com: dennis waldon'
(http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dennis+waldon)


--
denniswaldon
------------------------------------------------------------------------
denniswaldon's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=458817

jamesgosling
10-Aug-2012, 10:36
Well done Dennis! Congratulations!


--
JAMES GOSLING
'www.jamesgosling.com' (http://www.jamesgosling.com)
'www.novellblog.com' (http://www.novellblog.com)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jamesgosling's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=9688
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=458817

denniswaldon
11-Dec-2012, 15:56
Hi, its me again!

The Book "Beginners Guide to Software Deployment" is now available in
GERMAN: "Grundlagen der Softwareverteilung".

It is a great start for all those starting in Software Packaging, from
Newbie to Professional. You can have a look at Amazon.de and Amazon.com
(eBook is online, print version in the next few days).
'Amazon.com: dennis waldon'
(http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dennis+waldon).

Please have a look and rate!

Thanks!

Dennis


--
denniswaldon
------------------------------------------------------------------------
denniswaldon's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=458817

Rudolf Thilo
12-Dec-2012, 14:53
Hi.

amazon.com is telling "Borrow this book for free on Kindle" -> howto
borrow? (never done so).


Regards, Rudi.

denniswaldon
13-Dec-2012, 11:26
Howdy,

1. Be an Amazon member (of course)
2. Have a Kindle / Kindle App for Your Device
3. be a Amazon Prime Member -> then You can borrow it.

Hope that helps..

Dennis

Rudolf Thilo;2235671 Wrote:
> Hi.
>
> amazon.com is telling "Borrow this book for free on Kindle" -> howto
> borrow? (never done so).
>
>
> Regards, Rudi.


--
denniswaldon
------------------------------------------------------------------------
denniswaldon's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=458817

Danita Zanre
13-Dec-2012, 14:17
denniswaldon <denniswaldon@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> 1. Be an Amazon member (of course)
> 2. Have a Kindle / Kindle App for Your Device
> 3. be a Amazon Prime Member -> then You can borrow it.
>
> Hope that helps..
>
> Dennis
>
> Rudolf Thilo;2235671 Wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> amazon.com is telling "Borrow this book for free on Kindle" -> howto
>> borrow? (never done so).
>>
>>
>> Regards, Rudi.
>

I think it has to be a true Kindle device. Unless they have changed things
recently, you can't borrow with the Kindle App on iOS for example.


--
Danita - http://www.caledonia.net/blog

Rudolf Thilo
14-Dec-2012, 10:05
Hi.

>1. Be an Amazon member (of course)
>2. Have a Kindle / Kindle App for Your Device
>3. be a Amazon Prime Member -> then You can borrow it.

1. + 2. + 3. but I can't see a "borrow" button.

Maybe you have to be a "*US* Amazon Prime Member"?

Regards, Rudi.

Rudolf Thilo
14-Dec-2012, 10:07
Hi.


>I think it has to be a true Kindle device. Unless they have changed
>things recently, you can't borrow with the Kindle App on iOS for
>example.

What are the steps to "borrow"? (PC -> kindle account? Kindle Device,
what URL?)

Regards, Rudi.

DZanre
08-Jan-2013, 16:33
"Rudolf Thilo" wrote:

> What are the steps to "borrow"? (PC -> kindle account? Kindle Device, what
> URL?)

I don't know - I don't have a real Kindle.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
write like a pro - http://www.writingwithdanita.com/