PDA

View Full Version : SLES-Other NSS drive full. After deleting many files, it is also full.

m3admin_cityboard_pl
25-Jul-2019, 14:25
I have a problem with the NSS volume.
Space utilization is 100%.
I am deleting several files (1 - 3 GB) from this volume. After deleting the files, the volume is still full.
When I try to upload a small file to the volume I have "no space" message.

Info about system:
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 1

This is a virtual machine on ESXi

Volumen is intended exclusively for GroupWise Post Office
Of course I did the deletion test with GroupWise turned off.

I can expand my pool and volume by about 100 GB. I'm afraid to do it. I don't know if it will damage the data on the drive.

smflood
25-Jul-2019, 18:50
I have a problem with the NSS volume.
Space utilization is 100%.
I am deleting several files (1 - 3 GB) from this volume. After deleting the files, the volume is still full.
When I try to upload a small file to the volume I have "no space" message.

Info about system:
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 1

This is a virtual machine on ESXi

Volumen is intended exclusively for GroupWise Post Office
Of course I did the deletion test with GroupWise turned off.

I can expand my pool and volume by about 100 GB. I'm afraid to do it. I don't know if it will damage the data on the drive.

Your reference to NSS, volumes, and GroupWise leads me to believe you are using Novell (now Micro Focus) Open Enterprise Server (OES) 11 which is an add-on to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 SP1. Checking the output from "cat /etc/*release" would confirm.

If your server is running OES then you should repost in the Micro Focus Community discussion forums @ https://community.microfocus.com/ .

HTH.

m3admin_cityboard_pl
25-Jul-2019, 19:51
Thank you for your answer. Of course, you are right. I am moving the post to the appropriate forum.