PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find -luuid. - 'libuuid-devel' not found



ddewaele
10-Feb-2013, 21:06
I'm trying to build an app (from the intel AMT SDK) on Suse Enterprise Edition. (supported platform)

When I execute the make command I get the following error :

~/Projects/intelamt/LinuxAMT/Intel_AMT/Samples/Redirection/RedirectionSample> make
g++ imrcli.cpp -I../../../Include -L../../../Lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib64 -limrsdkSuSE11 -luuid -lpthread -lssl -lcrypto -Wno-write-strings -o imrcli
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.3/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [imrcli] Error 1


I tried installing libuuid-devel (had the same issue on Ubuntu and Centos, and that package fixed it), however Suse doesn't seem to find it.

~/Projects/intelamt/LinuxAMT/Intel_AMT/Samples/Redirection/RedirectionSample> sudo zypper install libuuid-devel
Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'libuuid-devel' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
No provider of 'libuuid-devel' found.
Resolving package dependencies...

Any ideas why it doesn't find it and who I can get it to install ?

malcolmlewis
10-Feb-2013, 22:13
On Sun 10 Feb 2013 08:14:04 PM CST, ddewaele wrote:


I'm trying to build an app (from the intel AMT SDK) on Suse Enterprise
Edition. (supported platform)

When I execute the make command I get the following error :

~/Projects/intelamt/LinuxAMT/Intel_AMT/Samples/Redirection/RedirectionSample>
make
g++ imrcli.cpp -I../../../Include -L../../../Lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib64
-limrsdkSuSE11 -luuid -lpthread -lssl -lcrypto -Wno-write-strings -o
imrcli
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.3/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld:
cannot find -luuid
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [imrcli] Error 1


I tried installing libuuid-devel (had the same issue on Ubuntu and
Centos, and that package fixed it), however Suse doesn't seem to find
it.

~/Projects/intelamt/LinuxAMT/Intel_AMT/Samples/Redirection/RedirectionSample>
sudo zypper install libuuid-devel
Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'libuuid-devel' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
No provider of 'libuuid-devel' found.
Resolving package dependencies...

Any ideas why it doesn't find it and who I can get it to install ?




Hi
Probably a patch is required to add the -luuid linker flag....

Try running this command before configure and make...


export SUSE_ASNEEDED=0

Else you will need to add the linker in the relevant makefile
(makefile.ac or in), then autoreconf -fi

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.11-2.16-desktop
up 3 days 0:29, 4 users, load average: 0.10, 0.05, 0.05
CPU Intel® i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | GPU Intel® Ironlake Mobile

ddewaele
10-Feb-2013, 22:18
Thx for the quick reply .... Same error though ....

I read somewhere that I need to add the SLE11-SDK-SP2-Core repository to yast as all the development tools are located in that repo, but I'm new to Suse so I have no idea how to do that.
After adding the repo the sudo zypper install libuuid-devel should work.

I did found the following URL but it is password protected ( https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP2-Core/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials)
Also found the following url but no idea how to install this package. https://www.suse.com/LinuxPackages/packageRouter.jsp?product=desktop&version=11&service_pack=&architecture=i386&package_name=libuuid-devel

ddewaele
10-Feb-2013, 22:45
Found the following SDK download page that hopefully contains the repo that includes the devel packages : http://download.novell.com/protected/Summary.jsp?buildid=NgW3ToaagDQ~
Will update this thread if it worked or not.

malcolmlewis
11-Feb-2013, 02:05
On Sun 10 Feb 2013 09:54:02 PM CST, ddewaele wrote:


Found the following SDK download page that hopefully contains the repo
that includes the devel packages :
http://download.novell.com/protected/Summary.jsp?buildid=NgW3ToaagDQ~
Will update this thread if it worked or not.




Hi
Yes, that's the SDK, just download DVD1 (unless you really want the src
rpms on DVD2). Use YaST add on products to point at the downloaded iso
image and it will add the iso image as a repository and also the online
and update repositories.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.11-2.16-desktop
up 3 days 4:22, 4 users, load average: 0.03, 0.07, 0.05
CPU Intel® i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | GPU Intel® Ironlake Mobile

ddewaele
12-Feb-2013, 09:39
I copied the ISO to the system and mounted it.
When attempting to add the SDK as an add on product in Yast I got the following error (tried it with the iso directly and also the mount point :

An error occurred during repository initialization.
'SDK_repo': [|] Valid metadata not found at specified URL(s)
History:
- Can't hardlink/copy
/var/adm/mount/AP_0xdbBs3G/media.1/media to /var/cache/zypp/raw/SDK_repoy7b46P
- Can't provide /media.1/media

I did manage to install the libraries by going into the mount point and installing the rpms manually using rpm.

malcolmlewis
12-Feb-2013, 13:18
On Tue 12 Feb 2013 08:44:02 AM CST, ddewaele wrote:


I copied the ISO to the system and mounted it.
When attempting to add the SDK as an add on product in Yast I got the
following error (tried it with the iso directly and also the mount point
:

An error occurred during repository initialization.
'SDK_repo': [|] Valid metadata not found at specified URL(s)

History:
- Can't hardlink/copy
/var/adm/mount/AP_0xdbBs3G/media.1/media to
/var/cache/zypp/raw/SDK_repoy7b46P
- Can't provide /media.1/media

I did manage to install the libraries by going into the mount point and
installing the rpms manually using rpm.




Hi
No need to mount the iso image, just browse to it...

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.11-2.16-desktop
up 4 days 15:36, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.05
CPU Intel® i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | GPU Intel® Ironlake Mobile