PDA

View Full Version : Missing depdencies when installing source rpms



Raboo3D
04-Jan-2012, 22:16
Hello,

I'm trying to build a source rpm, but the depdencies are are missing.
Am I missing some repository or something?


Code:
--------------------
# zypper si --build-deps-only ruby
Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
Reading installed packages...
Loading repository data...
Resolving package dependencies...
7 Problems:
Problem: nothing provides requested xorg-x11-devel
Problem: nothing provides requested fdupes
Problem: nothing provides requested tk-devel
Problem: nothing provides requested libjpeg-devel
Problem: nothing provides requested gperf
Problem: nothing provides requested openssl-devel
Problem: nothing provides requested readline-devel

--------------------



Code:
--------------------
# zypper lr
# | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh
--+-----------------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+---------+--------
1 | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-11-SP1-for-VMware 11.1.1-1.4 | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-11-SP1-for-VMware 11.1.1-1.4 | Yes | No
3 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool | SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool | No | Yes
4 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates | SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates | No | Yes
5 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-Extras | SLES11-Extras | Yes | Yes
6 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP1-VMware-Pool | SLES11-SP1-VMware-Pool | Yes | Yes
7 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP1-VMware-Updates | SLES11-SP1-VMware-Updates | Yes | Yes

--------------------


--
Raboo3D
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raboo3D's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122108
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450292

malcolmlewis
04-Jan-2012, 23:38
On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:16:03 GMT
Raboo3D <Raboo3D@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build a source rpm, but the depdencies are are missing.
> Am I missing some repository or something?
>
>
> Code:
> --------------------
> # zypper si --build-deps-only ruby
> Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
> Reading installed packages...
> Loading repository data...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> 7 Problems:
> Problem: nothing provides requested xorg-x11-devel
> Problem: nothing provides requested fdupes
> Problem: nothing provides requested tk-devel
> Problem: nothing provides requested libjpeg-devel
> Problem: nothing provides requested gperf
> Problem: nothing provides requested openssl-devel
> Problem: nothing provides requested readline-devel
>
> --------------------
>
>
>
> Code:
> --------------------
> # zypper lr
> # | Alias |
> Name | Enabled |
> Refresh
> --+-----------------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+---------+--------
> 1 | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-11-SP1-for-VMware 11.1.1-1.4 |
> SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-11-SP1-for-VMware 11.1.1-1.4 | Yes |
> No 3 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool |
> SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool | No |
> Yes 4 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates |
> SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates | No |
> Yes 5 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-Extras |
> SLES11-Extras | Yes |
> Yes 6 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP1-VMware-Pool |
SLES11-SP1-VMware-Pool | Yes
> | Yes 7 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP1-VMware-Updates |
> SLES11-SP1-VMware-Updates | Yes |
> Yes --------------------
>
>
Hi
You need to add the SLE SDK via YaST Add on Product, it will then add
the update repositories etc.
http://www.novell.com/developer/sle_sdk.html

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64) Kernel 3.1.0-1.2-desktop
up 1 day 18:43, 3 users, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.05
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU

Raboo3D
05-Jan-2012, 11:36
malcolmlewis;2165130 Wrote:
> Hi
> You need to add the SLE SDK via YaST Add on Product, it will then add
> the update repositories etc.
> 'SUSE Linux Enterprise SDK'
> (http://www.novell.com/developer/sle_sdk.html)
>
Can I do it without yast? Can I do it in zypper or such?
I've re-installed server using only "Minimal System".. yast is not
installed...


--
Raboo3D
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raboo3D's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122108
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450292

MoserHans
05-Jan-2012, 13:46
Raboo3D;2165233 Wrote:
> Can I do it without yast? Can I do it in zypper or such?
> I've re-installed server using only "Minimal System".. yast is not
> installed...
>
> EDIT: Never mind. Yast is installed on minimal system, but i have to
> type yast2...
> However, question still remains, can i do this without yast2?
zypper can add a repo 'SDB:Zypper usage 11.3 - openSUSE'
(http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Zypper_usage_11.3#Adding_repositories)
Give it a try.


--
MoserHans
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MoserHans's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=53101
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450292

malcolmlewis
05-Jan-2012, 14:12
On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 10:36:01 GMT
Raboo3D <Raboo3D@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
> malcolmlewis;2165130 Wrote:
> > Hi
> > You need to add the SLE SDK via YaST Add on Product, it will then
> > add the update repositories etc.
> > 'SUSE Linux Enterprise SDK'
> > (http://www.novell.com/developer/sle_sdk.html)
> >
> Can I do it without yast? Can I do it in zypper or such?
> I've re-installed server using only "Minimal System".. yast is not
> installed...
>
>
Hi
Look at your system mirror credentials and password and add it via
zypper ar command, or just the iso image;


zypper ar iso:///data/repositories/iso_images/SLE-11-SP1-SDK-DVD-x86_64-RC2-DVD1.iso SLE-SDK-LOCAL


--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64) Kernel 3.1.0-1.2-desktop
up 9:44, 4 users, load average: 0.05, 0.08, 0.09
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU

Raboo3D
06-Jan-2012, 01:46
Ok, thanks guys it worked!


--
Raboo3D
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raboo3D's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122108
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450292

psalzer
14-May-2012, 22:01
[QUOTE=Raboo3D;1214]Ok, thanks guys it worked!

Yes it worked to get the SDK Images to my repositories
but i cant install / find openssl-devel on my SLES11sp1 Server
any idea for me?

enovaklbank
16-May-2012, 14:16
Do you have the SLES11-SP1-Updates repository?
It should be there:

i | slessp1-libopenssl-devel | patch | 6054 | noarch | SLES11-SP1-Updates

psalzer
21-May-2012, 21:37
i have the update SLES11-SP1-Updates but cant find only libopenssl in yast
cant find my error

wagh1ravi
04-Jun-2016, 05:55
Hello,

Someone please help me to install kernel devel in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 (x86_64)

=========
linux-4ldr:/ # uname -r
3.12.28-4-xen
linux-4ldr:/ #
=========
ERROR:
================
linux-4ldr:/ # zypper install kernel-devel-3.12.28-4-xen
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'kernel-devel-3.12.28-4-xen' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
No provider of 'kernel-devel-3.12.28-4-xen' found.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.
================

Thanks !!

malcolmlewis
04-Jun-2016, 13:59
On Sat 04 Jun 2016 05:04:01 AM CDT, wagh1ravi wrote:

Hello,

Someone please help me to install kernel devel in SUSE Linux Enterprise
Server for SAP Applications 12 (x86_64)

=========
linux-4ldr:/ # uname -r
3.12.28-4-xen
linux-4ldr:/ #
=========
ERROR:
================
linux-4ldr:/ # zypper install kernel-devel-3.12.28-4-xen
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'kernel-devel-3.12.28-4-xen' not found in package names. Trying
capabilities.
No provider of 'kernel-devel-3.12.28-4-xen' found.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.
================

Thanks !!

Hi
Is it the specific version you want in? If so it would be;


zypper in kernel-xen-devel=3.12.28-4


Else just search and use the name found from;
[/CODE]
zypper se kernel
zypper se -s kernel
[/CODE]

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.21-14-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

wagh1ravi
12-Jun-2016, 06:18
Hello,

Thanks for replying.

I have installed kernel-xen-devel-3.12.25-1.13.g3f6afa3.x86_64

please check below output for the same :
===============
linux-4ldr:/usr/src/linux/kernel # rpm -qa | grep devel
kernel-devel-3.12.28-4.3.noarch
kernel-devel-3.12.28-4.6.noarch
kernel-xen-devel-3.12.25-1.13.g3f6afa3.x86_64
kernel-devel-3.12.25-1.4.g3f6afa3.noarch
===============

But still facing issue while installing kernel module : "Unable to find the source directories for your running kernel"

====
linux-4ldr:/usr/src/linux/kernel # echo $KERN_DIR
<== Nothing printed here
linux-4ldr:/usr/src/linux/kernel #
====

Please suggest.

Thanks !!

jmozdzen
13-Jun-2016, 17:36
Hi wagh1ravi,

> "Unable to find the source directories for your running kernel"
> Please suggest.

host:~> cd /usr/src/linux-$(uname)
host:/usr/src/linux-3.12.28-4-default > make clone-config && make prepare


Regards,
J

wagh1ravi
15-Jun-2016, 09:22
Hello jmozdzen,

Thanks for sharing steps.

I tried above steps, but "linux-3.12.28-4-default" this is not available at /usr/src/

Please check below only following files and directories available in /usr/src :

==============
linux-4ldr:/usr/src # ls
linux linux-3.12.25-1.g3f6afa3 linux-3.12.25-1.g3f6afa3-obj linux-3.12.25-1.g3f6afa3-vanilla linux-3.12.28-4 linux-obj packages
linux-4ldr:/usr/src #
==============

Regards,
Ravikumar

jmozdzen
16-Jun-2016, 12:32
Hi Ravikumar,

Hello jmozdzen,

Thanks for sharing steps.

I tried above steps, but "linux-3.12.28-4-default" this is not available at /usr/src/

well, I was assuming you had the kernel sources installed, but cannot say for sure. Is "/usr/src/linux" a symlink to linux-3.12.28-4 and is that the full kernel source? Then that's the directory I'm talking about. If not, you'll need to install the kernel-source package in a version corresponding to your running (or desired target) kernel and change to the resulting /usr/src/* directory.

Regards,
J

smflood
17-Jun-2016, 10:47
On 16/06/16 12:34, jmozdzen wrote:

> well, I was assuming you had the kernel sources installed, but cannot
> say for sure. Is "/usr/src/linux" a symlink to linux-3.12.28-4 and is
> that the full kernel source? Then that's the directory I'm talking
> about. If not, you'll need to install the kernel-source package in a
> version corresponding to your running (or desired target) kernel and
> change to the resulting /usr/src/* directory.

Perhaps Ravikumar could post the output from "rpm -qa *kernel*"?

HTH.
--
Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------