PDA

View Full Version : kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1.x86_64.rpm has wrong checksum



jwilleke
21-Sep-2013, 09:28
When running an update, I keep receiving the error:
Error: IO:Failed to provide Package kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1..x86_64.rpm
SLES11-SP2-Updates|https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE

- kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1.x86_64.rpm has wrong checksum

Any ideas?
Tried more than once and receive same error.

Thanks
-jim

malcolmlewis
21-Sep-2013, 14:03
On Sat 21 Sep 2013 08:34:04 AM CDT, jwilleke wrote:


When running an update, I keep receiving the error:
Error: IO:Failed to provide Package
kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1..x86_64.rpm
SLES11-SP2-Updates|https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE

- kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1.x86_64.rpm has wrong checksum

Any ideas?
Tried more than once and receive same error.

Thanks
-jim




Hi
I see the same issue here, let me ask my SUSE contacts, but since it's
the weekend here.....

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) GNOME 3.8.4 Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

malcolmlewis
21-Sep-2013, 18:07
On Sat 21 Sep 2013 01:03:11 PM CDT, malcolmlewis wrote:



On Sat 21 Sep 2013 08:34:04 AM CDT, jwilleke wrote:


When running an update, I keep receiving the error:
Error: IO:Failed to provide Package
kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1..x86_64.rpm
SLES11-SP2-Updates|https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE

- kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1.x86_64.rpm has wrong checksum

Any ideas?
Tried more than once and receive same error.

Thanks
-jim




Hi
I see the same issue here, let me ask my SUSE contacts, but since it's
the weekend here.....



Hi
It seems to be working now, can you retry to update?

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) GNOME 3.8.4 Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

sylviolan
25-Sep-2013, 14:06
Hi
It seems to be working now, can you retry to update?

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) GNOME 3.8.4 Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Same error on 2 SMT servers, doesnt work today (2013-09-25)
Digest verification failed for kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1.x86_64.rpm.
Expected 6394df719bab47e08be4ff2d4da29d396e2b0536, found a8eb12a19af2093ac846ec6fd651e1da0dcafffe. Continue? [yes/no] (no): no

verification failed for kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1.x86_64.rpm
kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1.x86_64.rpm has wrong checksum

xorge_01
27-Sep-2013, 07:38
Same error on 2 SMT servers, doesnt work today (2013-09-25)
Digest verification failed for kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1.x86_64.rpm.
Expected 6394df719bab47e08be4ff2d4da29d396e2b0536, found a8eb12a19af2093ac846ec6fd651e1da0dcafffe. Continue? [yes/no] (no): no

verification failed for kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1.x86_64.rpm
kernel-source-3.0.93-0.5.1.x86_64.rpm has wrong checksum

Confirm the same error here, with SLED 11 SP2 and SP3 machines.
It would be nice if someone at Suse look at these issue.

emoenke
27-Sep-2013, 09:08
Confirm the same error here, with SLED 11 SP2 and SP3 machines.
It would be nice if someone at Suse look at these issue.

MIRROR_PARAMS="-L /var/log/smt-mirror.log --deepverify"

in /etc/smt.d/smt-cron.conf does cure it, but it needs a lot of ressources and time.

Best would be SUSE would bump the version number and release again.

BTW: it is a pity that SMT is so stupid - deleting a broken RPM does not cause a refetch.

xorge_01
27-Sep-2013, 10:38
It seems the problem occurs at the update from kernel 3.0.80-... to the new one.
I have successfully updated a machine from 3.0.58-... to 3.0.93-...
Looks like the delta-rpm has the problem.

xorge_01
30-Sep-2013, 08:09
With the new version 3.0.93-0.8 the problem is solved.

Merlyn
22-Nov-2013, 16:18
Still getting the checksum error. Aborted update. How to get around it? SLES11 SP2

malcolmlewis
22-Nov-2013, 16:51
On Fri 22 Nov 2013 03:24:02 PM CST, Merlyn wrote:


Still getting the checksum error. Aborted update. How to get around it?
SLES11 SP2




Hi
Can you force a refresh and try again;


zypper ref -f


--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SLED 11 SP3 (x86_64) GNOME 2.28.0 Kernel 3.0.101-0.8-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Merlyn
22-Nov-2013, 17:29
Ran refresh and checked for Online Updates. Seems to be much smaller list. Running/applying now.

Is this refresh command something to do on a regular basis? -M

Merlyn
22-Nov-2013, 17:36
The force refresh did it! I saw the update apply and completed all successful. Will recheck for more updates after the necessary reboot. Thanks!!!! - Merlyn

malcolmlewis
22-Nov-2013, 21:03
On Fri 22 Nov 2013 04:44:01 PM CST, Merlyn wrote:


The force refresh did it! I saw the update apply and completed all
successful. Will recheck for more updates after the necessary reboot.
Thanks!!!! - Merlyn




Hi
If using zypper then yes you normally use ref(resh) to update the
repository metadata to your machine, then zypper l(ist)u(pdates).

Sometimes you may get some corruption, or hit a mirror at the time it
may be syncing new files. So adding the -f(orce) option just ensures it
refreshes all the repository metadata locally.

Normally just a zypper ref will suffice.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SLED 11 SP3 (x86_64) GNOME 2.28.0 Kernel 3.0.101-0.8-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!