PDA

View Full Version : unixodbc for sles 11 hana appliance



amby_1986
15-May-2014, 17:20
Hi Folks,

My first thread :).
I have a doubt, i need the rpm for unixodbc for sles SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 2


I am sorry i am new to SLES side of things. Where can i download the files i dont want the sourceforge where we get the executables i want the RPM so that i can update it on the box.

malcolmlewis
15-May-2014, 17:35
On Thu 15 May 2014 04:24:01 PM CDT, amby 1986 wrote:


Hi Folks,

My first thread :).
I have a doubt, i need the rpm for unixodbc for sles SUSE Linux
Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 2


I am sorry i am new to SLES side of things. Where can i download the
files i dont want the sourceforge where we get the executables i want
the RPM so that i can update it on the box.




Hi
It should be in the default pool repository?



zypper se unixODBC
zypper in unixODBC

The first command is a search (in option is to install), if it's not
there, can you show the output from;


zypper lr -u


--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

amby_1986
15-May-2014, 18:26
Hi Malcolm,

Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Summary | Type
--+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
| MyODBC-unixODBC | ODBC Interface for Communication with MySQL Compiled with UnixODBC | package
| libqt4-sql-unixODBC | Qt 4 unixODBC plugin | package
| libqt4-sql-unixODBC-32bit | Qt 4 unixODBC plugin | package
i | unixODBC | ODBC driver manager with some drivers included | package
| unixODBC-32bit | ODBC driver manager with some drivers included | package
| unixODBC-devel | Includes and Static Libraries for ODBC Development | package
| unixODBC-devel-32bit | Includes and Static Libraries for ODBC Development | package
| unixODBC-gui-qt | ODBC Configuration Utility, Data Source Browser, and ODBC Test Tool based | package
imdbhdb:~> zypper se unixODBC
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Summary | Type
--+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
| MyODBC-unixODBC | ODBC Interface for Communication with MySQL Compiled with UnixODBC | package
| libqt4-sql-unixODBC | Qt 4 unixODBC plugin | package
| libqt4-sql-unixODBC-32bit | Qt 4 unixODBC plugin | package
i | unixODBC | ODBC driver manager with some drivers included | package
| unixODBC-32bit | ODBC driver manager with some drivers included | package
| unixODBC-devel | Includes and Static Libraries for ODBC Development | package
| unixODBC-devel-32bit | Includes and Static Libraries for ODBC Development | package
| unixODBC-gui-qt | ODBC Configuration Utility, Data Source Browser, and ODBC Test Tool based | package
imdbhdb:~> isql --version
unixODBC 2.2.12


I have unixODBC 2.2.12 but i want 2.2.14 where can i get the same.


There is no button to post a reply to a thread , when i click on reply to thread it just gives me a window how to post the same.

malcolmlewis
15-May-2014, 18:44
On Thu 15 May 2014 05:34:01 PM CDT, amby 1986 wrote:


Hi Malcolm,

Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Summary
| Type
--+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
| MyODBC-unixODBC | ODBC Interface for Communication with
MySQL Compiled with UnixODBC | package
| libqt4-sql-unixODBC | Qt 4 unixODBC plugin
| package
| libqt4-sql-unixODBC-32bit | Qt 4 unixODBC plugin
| package
i | unixODBC | ODBC driver manager with some drivers
included | package
| unixODBC-32bit | ODBC driver manager with some drivers
included | package
| unixODBC-devel | Includes and Static Libraries for ODBC
Development | package
| unixODBC-devel-32bit | Includes and Static Libraries for ODBC
Development | package
| unixODBC-gui-qt | ODBC Configuration Utility, Data Source
Browser, and ODBC Test Tool based | package
imdbhdb:~> zypper se unixODBC
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Summary
| Type
--+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
| MyODBC-unixODBC | ODBC Interface for Communication with
MySQL Compiled with UnixODBC | package
| libqt4-sql-unixODBC | Qt 4 unixODBC plugin
| package
| libqt4-sql-unixODBC-32bit | Qt 4 unixODBC plugin
| package
i | unixODBC | ODBC driver manager with some drivers
included | package
| unixODBC-32bit | ODBC driver manager with some drivers
included | package
| unixODBC-devel | Includes and Static Libraries for ODBC
Development | package
| unixODBC-devel-32bit | Includes and Static Libraries for ODBC
Development | package
| unixODBC-gui-qt | ODBC Configuration Utility, Data Source
Browser, and ODBC Test Tool based | package
imdbhdb:~> isql --version
unixODBC 2.2.12


I have unixODBC 2.2.12 but i want 2.2.14 where can i get the same.


There is no button to post a reply to a thread , when i click on reply
to thread it just gives me a window how to post the same.




Hi
Version 2.3.2 is built on the Open Build Service (OBS) for SP2 in the
server:database repository, totally unsupported of course;
http://software.opensuse.org/package/unixODBC

You could add the repostory, or just download the files you need and
install manually;
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/database/SLE_11_SP2/

As to no reply button(s), yes it's a known problem and being worked
on....

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

amby_1986
15-May-2014, 19:24
Hi Malcolm,

Honestly i am not a linux administrator , i want to update my unixODBC to 2.2.14 what is your advice i have executables from sourceforge but i dont have the rpm.
How do i proceed further.

amby_1986
15-May-2014, 19:28
What your advise be ?
unixODBC-2.2.12-198.17 is my current level when i go to http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/database/SLE_11_SP2/x86_64/
i can see unixODBC-2.3.2-370.1.x86_64.rpm , can i install the same and uninstall incase i face any problems ?

malcolmlewis
15-May-2014, 20:01
On Thu 15 May 2014 06:34:01 PM CDT, amby 1986 wrote:


What your advise be ?
unixODBC-2.2.12-198.17 is my current level when i go to
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/database/SLE_11_SP2/x86_64/

i can see unixODBC-2.3.2-370.1.x86_64.rpm , can i install the same
and uninstall incase i face any problems ?




Hi
Yes, you can uninstall via zypper then restore you older version.


zypper in /some/path/to/rpm/unixODBC-2.3.2-370.1.x86_64.rpm
and to rollback

zypper in unixODBC-2.2.12-198.17


--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

amby_1986
15-May-2014, 20:31
Hi Malcolm,

Will it give it a try.
But the problem i am not sure if HANA is supporting the latest version of unixodbc which has been given over here.

malcolmlewis
15-May-2014, 20:56
On Thu 15 May 2014 07:34:02 PM CDT, amby 1986 wrote:


Hi Malcolm,

Will it give it a try.
But the problem i am not sure if HANA is supporting the latest version
of unixodbc which has been given over here.




Hi
And even SLE 11 SP3 is still at 2.2.12. If it doesn't work, then you
might be stuck with building from source....

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

amby_1986
16-May-2014, 15:37
Hi
And even SLE 11 SP3 is still at 2.2.12. If it doesn't work, then you
might be stuck with building from source....

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

I tried but seems to be a problem,
One question malcolm how can i intrepret strace output.
I wanted to know which can be ignored and which needs a action to be taken?

malcolmlewis
16-May-2014, 15:51
On Fri 16 May 2014 02:44:01 PM CDT, amby 1986 wrote:


malcolmlewis;21366 Wrote:
> Hi
> And even SLE 11 SP3 is still at 2.2.12. If it doesn't work, then you
> might be stuck with building from source....
>

I tried but seems to be a problem,
One question malcolm how can i intrepret strace output.
I wanted to know which can be ignored and which needs a action to be
taken?


Hi
You might be better off with gdb from a terminal eg;


gdb <some-app>
(gdb) run

I would ignore the requests for the debuginfo files to start with, but
depending on the error, adding the debuginfo may help fine tune the
error.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!