PDA

View Full Version : Totem xVid plugin/codec



PauliusC
10-Sep-2011, 20:56
Hi everyone,

I've got a problem... again. Today, I installed Totem multimedia
player, tried to play movie and got and error message saying that xVid
MPEG-4 plug-in was missing. I installed xVid codecs from packman, some
kind of gstreamer0_10 plugins (or codecs, I'm not sure what these were).
Still nothing. Totem doesn't show any plugins and I still can't watch a
movie. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.


--
PauliusC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PauliusC's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=116334
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

mikewillis
11-Sep-2011, 18:46
I think you're confusing totem plugins and gstreamer plugins.

Totem plugins extend the functionality of the Totem application. Totem
uses gstreamer to decode audio/video (as do other applications including
Banshee). gstreamer plugins extend the capabilities of gstreamer.

PauliusC;2136181 Wrote:
> What should I do?
>
Hard to say without knowing exactly what you're already done. Which
packages did you install from packman?


Personally I don't use gstreamer plugins packages from packman because
using them already requires that you replace the version of gstreamer
included in SLED with the version from packman and I prefer to not to
replace things provided in SLED if possible. I wrote up the method I use
at 'Additional multimedia codec support for SLED 11 SP1 | Novell User
Communities'
(http://www.novell.com/communities/node/13146/additional-multimedia-codec-support-sled-11-sp1)
If you have the SLE-SDK already it's really not as complicated as it
might appear. It's pretty much just installing a few packages that are
already in SLED or the SLE SDK, running a script which creates a package
which you then install.


--
mikewillis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mikewillis's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7510
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

PauliusC
11-Sep-2011, 22:36
mikewillis;2136234 Wrote:
> I think you're confusing totem plugins and gstreamer plugins.
>
> Totem plugins extend the functionality of the Totem application. Totem
> uses gstreamer to decode audio/video (as do other applications including
> Banshee). gstreamer plugins extend the capabilities of gstreamer.
>
>
> Hard to say without knowing exactly what you're already done. Which
> packages did you install from packman?
>
>
> Personally I don't use gstreamer plugins packages from packman because
> using them already requires that you replace the version of gstreamer
> included in SLED with the version from packman and I prefer to not to
> replace things provided in SLED if possible. I wrote up the method I use
> at 'Additional multimedia codec support for SLED 11 SP1 | Novell User
> Communities'
> (http://www.novell.com/communities/node/13146/additional-multimedia-codec-support-sled-11-sp1)
> If you have the SLE-SDK already it's really not as complicated as it
> might appear. It's pretty much just installing a few packages that are
> already in SLED or the SLE SDK, running a script which creates a package
> which you then install.


I've installed these 'PackMan :: Informationen zum Paket xvidcore'
(http://packman.links2linux.de/package/xvidcore) . I tried to follow the
instructions on README file, however I got this message:


Code:
--------------------
zypper in $(grep ^BuildRequires multimediacodecs.spec | cut -d : -f 2 | tr '\t' ' ' | tr '\n' ' ')
grep: multimediacodecs.spec: No such file or directory
Too few arguments.
At least one package name is required.
install (in) [options] <capability|rpm_file_uri> ...

Install packages with specified capabilities or RPM files with specified
location. A capability is NAME[.ARCH][OP<VERSION>], where OP is one
of <, <=, =, >=, >.

Command options:
--from <alias|#|URI> Select packages from the specified repository.
-r, --repo <alias|#|URI> Load only the specified repository.
-t, --type <type> Type of package (package, patch, pattern, product, srcpackage).
Default: package.
-n, --name Select packages by plain name, not by capability.
-C, --capability Select packages by capability.
-f, --force Reinstall the package if the exact version is
available in repositories.
-l, --auto-agree-with-licenses
Automatically say 'yes' to third party license
confirmation prompt.
See 'man zypper' for more details.
--debug-solver Create solver test case for debugging.
--no-recommends Do not install recommended packages, only required.
--recommends Install also recommended packages in addition
to the required.
-R, --no-force-resolution Do not force the solver to find solution,
let it ask.
--force-resolution Force the solver to find a solution (even
an aggressive one).
-D, --dry-run Test the installation, do not actually install.
--download Set the download-install mode. Available modes:
only, in-advance, in-heaps, as-needed
-d, --download-only Only download the packages, do not install.
--------------------


--
PauliusC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PauliusC's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=116334
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

mikewillis
12-Sep-2011, 10:16
PauliusC;2136252 Wrote:
> I've installed these 'PackMan :: Informationen zum Paket xvidcore'
> (http://packman.links2linux.de/package/xvidcore) .
>
They aren't enough to give gstreamer xvid support on their own. You'd
also need some of the gstreamer plugins packages, though I don't know
which ones.

PauliusC;2136252 Wrote:
>
> I tried to follow the instructions on README file, however I got this
> message:
> >
Code:
--------------------
> > zypper in $(grep ^BuildRequires multimediacodecs.spec | cut -d : -f 2 | tr '\t' ' ' | tr '\n' ' ')
> grep: multimediacodecs.spec: No such file or directory
> > >
> You need to run zypper whilst in the directory which contains the
> file multimediacodecs.spec


--
mikewillis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mikewillis's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7510
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

PauliusC
12-Sep-2011, 12:16
mikewillis;2136296 Wrote:
> They aren't enough to give gstreamer xvid support on their own. You'd
> also need some of the gstreamer plugins packages, though I don't know
> which ones.
>
>
> You need to run zypper whilst in the directory which contains the file
> multimediacodecs.spec

How do I do that? When I open terminal from that directory, I have to
type su - command, because zypper command needs root privileges. I think
I'm losing the directory at that time. Could you tell me how to run
zypper in that directory (I believe as if I wanted to run commands from
main terminal).


--
PauliusC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PauliusC's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=116334
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

mikewillis
12-Sep-2011, 13:16
The basic concept is

Code:
--------------------
$ cd /path/to/directory
--------------------


Before you use su run this command

Code:
--------------------
$ pwd
--------------------

This will give you the path of the directory.

You may benefit from reading something like this 'A beginnerís
introduction to the GNU/Linux command line'
(http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/command_line_intro) or
this 'UNIX / Linux Tutorial for Beginners'
(http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/)


--
mikewillis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mikewillis's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7510
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

PauliusC
12-Sep-2011, 16:26
mikewillis;2136338 Wrote:
> The basic concept is
> >
Code:
--------------------
> > $ cd /path/to/directory
--------------------
> >
>
> Before you use su run this command
> >
Code:
--------------------
> > $ pwd
--------------------
> >
> This will give you the path of the directory.
>
> You may benefit from reading something like this 'A beginnerís
> introduction to the GNU/Linux command line'
> (http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/command_line_intro) or
> this 'UNIX / Linux Tutorial for Beginners'
> (http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/)

Thanks, I managed to do that, but ran into something else I was worried
about (since I've been trying to install manually):

Code:
--------------------
zypper in $(grep ^BuildRequires multimediacodecs.spec | cut -d : -f 2 | tr '\t' ' ' | tr '\n' ' ')
Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
Retrieving repository 'SLE11-SDK-SP1-Updates' metadata [done]
Building repository 'SLE11-SDK-SP1-Updates' cache [done]
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'make' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'make'.
'patch' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'patch'.
'check-devel' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'check-devel'.
'gcc-c++' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'gcc-c++'.
'libtheora-devel' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'libtheora-devel'.
'python-devel' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'python-devel'.
'sgml-skel' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'sgml-skel'.
'gstreamer-0_10-devel' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'gstreamer-0_10-devel'.
'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base-devel' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base-devel'.
'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base-devel' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base-devel'.
Resolving package dependencies...
2 Problems:
Problem: SDL-devel-1.2.13-104.32.i586 requires Mesa-devel, but this requirement cannot be provided
Problem: mjpegtools-devel-1.9.0rc3-1.33.i586 requires SDL-devel, but this requirement cannot be provided

Problem: SDL-devel-1.2.13-104.32.i586 requires Mesa-devel, but this requirement cannot be provided
uninstallable providers: Mesa-devel-7.7-0.4.41.i586[Repository]
Mesa-devel-7.7-0.4.41.i586[Repository_1]
Mesa-devel-7.7-0.4.41.i586[SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Software-Development-Kit-11-SP1_11.1.1-1.57]
Mesa-devel-7.7-0.4.41.i586[nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP1-Pool]
Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
downgrade of Mesa-7.10-1.3.1.i586 to Mesa-7.7-0.4.41.i586
downgrade of xorg-x11-driver-video-7.4.0.1-0.7.1.i586 to xorg-x11-driver-video-7.4-40.32.4.i586
Solution 2: do not ask to install a solvable providing SDL-devel
Solution 3: break SDL-devel by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or skip, retry or cancel [1/2/3/s/r/c] (c):

--------------------


Which option should I choose?


--
PauliusC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PauliusC's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=116334
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

mikewillis
12-Sep-2011, 17:16
I think someone else had that problem and it was caused by their system
not being fully up to date.
If your system is not fully up to date, make it so, reboot, then try
again.

If you don't know if you have outstanding updates run

Code:
--------------------
$ zypper refresh
$ zypper lu
--------------------


If there's updates to be installed

Code:
--------------------

$ zypper up -y -l
--------------------

should install them all.


--
mikewillis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mikewillis's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7510
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

PauliusC
12-Sep-2011, 18:16
mikewillis;2136528 Wrote:
> I think someone else had that problem and it was caused by their system
> not being fully up to date.
> If your system is not fully up to date, make it so, reboot, then try
> again.
>
> If you don't know if you have outstanding updates run
> >
Code:
--------------------
> > $ zypper refresh
> $ zypper lu
--------------------
> >
>
> If there's updates to be installed
> >
Code:
--------------------
> >
> $ zypper up -y -l
--------------------
> >
> should install them all.

Everything's up-to-date:

Code:
--------------------
zypper refresh
Repository 'ATI-Driver-HP-BNB-SLE11-SP1' is up to date.
Repository 'Broadcom-Driver-HP-BNB-SLE11-SP1' is up to date.
Repository 'HP-BNB-Dedicated-Update-Channel' is up to date.
Repository 'OBS-Wine' is up to date.
Repository 'SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP1' is up to date.
Repository 'SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP1' is up to date.
Repository 'SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP1' is up to date.
Repository 'nVidia-Driver-SLE11-SP1' is up to date.
Repository 'SLE11-SDK-SP1-Pool' is up to date.
Repository 'SLE11-SDK-SP1-Updates' is up to date.
Repository 'SLED11-SP1-HP-BNB-Updates' is up to date.
Repository 'SLED11-SP1-Pool' is up to date.
Repository 'SLED11-SP1-Updates' is up to date.
Repository 'security' is up to date.
All repositories have been refreshed.

--------------------


Code:
--------------------
zypper lu
Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
No updates found.

--------------------


--
PauliusC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PauliusC's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=116334
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

mikewillis
12-Sep-2011, 20:36
Um...

What happens if you try and install Mesa-devel on it's own?


Code:
--------------------
$ zypper in Mesa-devel
--------------------


--
mikewillis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mikewillis's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7510
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

PauliusC
12-Sep-2011, 21:06
mikewillis;2136597 Wrote:
> Um...
>
> What happens if you try and install Mesa-devel on it's own?
>
> >
Code:
--------------------
> > $ zypper in Mesa-devel
--------------------
> >

Yeh, I've tried that already:


Code:
--------------------
zypper in Mesa-devel
Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: Mesa-devel-7.7-0.4.41.i586 requires Mesa = 7.7, but this requirement cannot be provided
uninstallable providers: Mesa-7.7-0.4.41.i586[nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP1-Pool]
Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
downgrade of Mesa-7.10-1.3.1.i586 to Mesa-7.7-0.4.41.i586
downgrade of libdrm-2.4.23-3.3.1.i586 to libdrm-2.4.21-2.2.15.i586
downgrade of xorg-x11-driver-video-7.4.0.1-0.7.1.i586 to xorg-x11-driver-video-7.4-40.32.4.i586
Solution 2: do not ask to install a solvable providing Mesa-devel
Solution 3: break Mesa-devel by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/3/c] (c):
--------------------


--
PauliusC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PauliusC's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=116334
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

mikewillis
12-Sep-2011, 21:16
OK... so it's trying to install Mesa-devel 7.7 but Mesa 7.10 is
installed and presumably there is no Mesa-devel 7.10 available... how do
you have Mesa 7.10 and libdrm version 2.24.23? I have 2.4.21 and 7.7
and can't see newer versions in the updates channels. Are those newer
versions in one of the HP repos?


Code:
--------------------
$ zypper info libdrm
$ zypper info Mesa
$ zypper packages | grep Mesa-devel
--------------------


--
mikewillis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mikewillis's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7510
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

PauliusC
12-Sep-2011, 21:56
mikewillis;2136618 Wrote:
> OK... so it's trying to install Mesa-devel 7.7 but Mesa 7.10 is
> installed and presumably there is no Mesa-devel 7.10 available... how do
> you have Mesa 7.10 and libdrm version 2.24.23? I have 2.4.21 and 7.7
> and can't see newer versions in the updates channels. Are those newer
> versions in one of the HP repos?
>
> >
Code:
--------------------
> > $ zypper info libdrm
> $ zypper info Mesa
> $ zypper packages | grep Mesa-devel
--------------------
> >

I have no idea actually. As I understand, these show that I have Mesa
7.7 and libdrm 2.4.21:

Code:
--------------------
zypper info libdrm
Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
Retrieving repository 'security' metadata [done]
Building repository 'security' cache [done]
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...


Information for package libdrm:

Repository: SLED11-SP1-Updates
Name: libdrm
Version: 2.4.21-2.2.15
Arch: i586
Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Support Level: Level 3
Installed: Yes
Status: up-to-date
Installed Size: 223.0 KiB
Summary: Userspace Interface for Kernel DRM Services
Description:
The package containts the userspace interface to the kernel DRM
services.

--------------------



Code:
--------------------
zypper info Mesa
Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...


Information for package Mesa:

Repository: SLED11-SP1-Pool
Name: Mesa
Version: 7.7-0.4.41
Arch: i586
Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Support Level: Level 3
Installed: Yes
Status: up-to-date
Installed Size: 42.2 MiB
Summary: Mesa is a 3-D graphics library with an API which is very similar to that of OpenGL
Description:
Mesa is a 3-D graphics library with an API which is very similar to
that of OpenGL.* To the extent that Mesa utilizes the OpenGL command
syntax or state machine, it is being used with authorization from
Silicon Graphics, Inc.(SGI). However, the author does not possess an
OpenGL license from SGI, and makes no claim that Mesa is in any way a
compatible replacement for OpenGL or associated with SGI. Those who
want a licensed implementation of OpenGL should contact a licensed
vendor.

Please do not refer to the library as MesaGL (for legal reasons). It's
just Mesa or The Mesa 3-D graphics library.

* OpenGL is a trademark of Silicon Graphics Incorporated.
--------------------



Code:
--------------------
zypper packages | grep Mesa-devel
| SLE11-SDK-SP1-Pool | Mesa-devel | 7.7-0.4.41 | i586
| SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP1 | Mesa-devel | 7.7-0.4.41 | i586
| SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP1 | Mesa-devel | 7.7-0.4.41 | i586
| SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP1 | Mesa-devel | 7.7-0.4.41 | i586
--------------------


--
PauliusC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PauliusC's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=116334
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

mikewillis
13-Sep-2011, 09:06
Well that's confusing, but I think I've figured it out. What do these
show

Code:
--------------------

$ rpm -qi Mesa
$ rpm -qi libdrm
--------------------

I'm thinking they'll show different versions to 'zypper info'.

Looking the man page for zypper it says this about the info option:
> for each specified package, zypper finds the best available version in
> defined repositories and shows information for this package.
Note 'defined repositories'. So if you have a version of Mesa installed
that isn't in the repositories, 'zypper info' won't show that. I've just
tried this on one of my machines. I put some extra packages on it to get
Sandybridge graphics support, but I didn't install them by putting them
in one of the repositories my machines look at.

So I see

Code:
--------------------
# zypper packages | grep Mesa
v | sled11sp1 | Mesa | 7.7-0.4.41 | i586
v | sle11sdksp1 | Mesa-devel | 7.7-0.4.41 | i586
| sle11sdksp1 | MesaGLw | 7.2-1.5.44 | i586
| sled11sp1 | MesaGLw | 7.2-1.5.44 | i586
| sle11sdksp1 | MesaGLw-devel | 7.2-1.5.44 | i586
# rpm -qa --queryformat='%{Version}\n' Mesa
7.10
# zypper info Mesa | grep ^Version
Version: 7.7-0.4.41
--------------------


So it turns out that 'zypper info' is not a reliable way of determining
what version of a package you have installed. I learnt something today
:)


The only solution to your situation I can think of is to download this
'Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000: Installation Information'
(http://drivers.suse.com/novell/SLE-SANDYBRIDGE/sle11-sp1/install-readme.html)
and add that as a repo. That contains both Mesa 7.10 and Mesa-devel 7.10
and also the newer libdrm packages. I strongly suspect it's those
packages you have installed and that they've been included in the HP
build because they're required to support the hardware in the laptop,
but for they're not in the HP repos. The full info for the packages is

Code:
--------------------
# rpm -qi Mesa-devel
Name : Mesa-devel Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 7.10 Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release : 1.3.8 Build Date: Wed Apr 6 18:28:10 2011
Install Date: Wed Aug 17 14:35:02 2011 Build Host: aguirre
Group : System/Libraries Source RPM: Mesa-7.10-1.3.8.src.rpm
Size : 3004520 License: X11/MIT
Signature : RSA/8, Wed Apr 6 18:33:09 2011, Key ID e3a5c360307e3d54
Packager : http://bugs.opensuse.org
URL : http://www.mesa3d.org
Summary : Libraries, includes and more to develop Mesa applications
# rpm -qip libdrm-2.4.23-3.3.2.i586.rpm
Name : libdrm Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 2.4.23 Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release : 3.3.2 Build Date: Mon 11 Apr 2011 13:21:56 BST
Install Date: (not installed) Build Host: langsam
Group : System/Libraries Source RPM: libdrm-2.4.23-3.3.2.src.rpm
Size : 227972 License: X11/MIT
Signature : RSA/8, Mon 11 Apr 2011 13:22:15 BST, Key ID e3a5c360307e3d54
Packager : http://bugs.opensuse.org
URL : http://dri.sf.net
Summary : Userspace Interface for Kernel DRM Services
Description :
The package containts the userspace interface to the kernel DRM
services.

--------------------

So check if those details match what you have installed now.


--
mikewillis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mikewillis's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7510
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

PauliusC
13-Sep-2011, 13:06
mikewillis;2136736 Wrote:
> Well that's confusing, but I think I've figured it out. What do these
> show
> >
Code:
--------------------
> >
> $ rpm -qi Mesa
> $ rpm -qi libdrm
--------------------
> >
> I'm thinking they'll show different versions to 'zypper info'.
>
> Looking the man page for zypper it says this about the info option:
>
> Note 'defined repositories'. So if you have a version of Mesa
> installed that isn't in the repositories, 'zypper info' won't show
> that. I've just tried this on one of my machines. I put some extra
> packages on it to get Sandybridge graphics support, but I didn't
> install them by putting them in one of the repositories my machines
> look at.
>
> So I see
> >
Code:
--------------------
> > # zypper packages | grep Mesa
> v | sled11sp1 | Mesa | 7.7-0.4.41 | i586
> v | sle11sdksp1 | Mesa-devel | 7.7-0.4.41 | i586
> | sle11sdksp1 | MesaGLw | 7.2-1.5.44 | i586
> | sled11sp1 | MesaGLw | 7.2-1.5.44 | i586
> | sle11sdksp1 | MesaGLw-devel | 7.2-1.5.44 | i586
> # rpm -qa --queryformat='%{Version}\n' Mesa
> 7.10
> # zypper info Mesa | grep ^Version
> Version: 7.7-0.4.41
--------------------
> >
>
> So it turns out that 'zypper info' is not a reliable way of
> determining what version of a package you have installed. I learnt
> something today :)
>
>
> The only solution to your situation I can think of is to download
> this 'Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000: Installation Information'
> (http://drivers.suse.com/novell/SLE-SANDYBRIDGE/sle11-sp1/install-readme.html)
> and add that as a repo. That contains both Mesa 7.10 and Mesa-devel
> 7.10 and also the newer libdrm packages. I strongly suspect it's those
> packages you have installed and that they've been included in the HP
> build because they're required to support the hardware in the laptop,
> but for they're not in the HP repos. The full info for the packages
> is
> >
Code:
--------------------
> > # rpm -qi Mesa-devel
> Name : Mesa-devel Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version : 7.10 Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
> Release : 1.3.8 Build Date: Wed Apr 6 18:28:10 2011
> Install Date: Wed Aug 17 14:35:02 2011 Build Host: aguirre
> Group : System/Libraries Source RPM: Mesa-7.10-1.3.8.src.rpm
> Size : 3004520 License: X11/MIT
> Signature : RSA/8, Wed Apr 6 18:33:09 2011, Key ID e3a5c360307e3d54
> Packager : http://bugs.opensuse.org
> URL : http://www.mesa3d.org
> Summary : Libraries, includes and more to develop Mesa applications
> # rpm -qip libdrm-2.4.23-3.3.2.i586.rpm
> Name : libdrm Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version : 2.4.23 Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
> Release : 3.3.2 Build Date: Mon 11 Apr 2011 13:21:56 BST
> Install Date: (not installed) Build Host: langsam
> Group : System/Libraries Source RPM: libdrm-2.4.23-3.3.2.src.rpm
> Size : 227972 License: X11/MIT
> Signature : RSA/8, Mon 11 Apr 2011 13:22:15 BST, Key ID e3a5c360307e3d54
> Packager : http://bugs.opensuse.org
> URL : http://dri.sf.net
> Summary : Userspace Interface for Kernel DRM Services
> Description :
> The package containts the userspace interface to the kernel DRM
> services.
>
--------------------
> >
> So check if those details match what you have installed now.

Sorry, I'm kinda in a hurry, so I'll read everything you wrote more
carefully later. There's what I get by typing codes:


Code:
--------------------
rpm -qi Mesa
Name : Mesa Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 7.10 Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release : 1.3.1 Build Date: Thu 20 Jan 2011 14:40:38 GMT
Install Date: Wed 13 Apr 2011 13:57:50 BST Build Host: emerson
Group : System/Libraries Source RPM: Mesa-7.10-1.3.1.src.rpm
Size : 55493619 License: X11/MIT
Signature : RSA/8, Thu 20 Jan 2011 14:47:08 GMT, Key ID e3a5c360307e3d54
Packager : http://bugs.opensuse.org
URL : http://www.mesa3d.org
Summary : Mesa is a 3-D graphics library with an API which is very similar to that of OpenGL
Description :
Mesa is a 3-D graphics library with an API which is very similar to
that of OpenGL.* To the extent that Mesa utilizes the OpenGL command
syntax or state machine, it is being used with authorization from
Silicon Graphics, Inc.(SGI). However, the author does not possess an
OpenGL license from SGI, and makes no claim that Mesa is in any way a
compatible replacement for OpenGL or associated with SGI. Those who
want a licensed implementation of OpenGL should contact a licensed
vendor.

Please do not refer to the library as MesaGL (for legal reasons). It's
just Mesa or The Mesa 3-D graphics library.

* OpenGL is a trademark of Silicon Graphics Incorporated.



Authors:
--------
Brian Paul
Distribution: SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

--------------------



Code:
--------------------
rpm -qi libdrm
Name : libdrm Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 2.4.23 Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release : 3.3.1 Build Date: Thu 20 Jan 2011 14:13:04 GMT
Install Date: Wed 13 Apr 2011 13:54:10 BST Build Host: beethoven
Group : System/Libraries Source RPM: libdrm-2.4.23-3.3.1.src.rpm
Size : 227972 License: X11/MIT
Signature : RSA/8, Thu 20 Jan 2011 14:13:21 GMT, Key ID e3a5c360307e3d54
Packager : http://bugs.opensuse.org
URL : http://dri.sf.net
Summary : Userspace Interface for Kernel DRM Services
Description :
The package containts the userspace interface to the kernel DRM
services.



Authors:
--------
Daryll Strauss <daryll@valinux.com>
Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>
Eric Anholt <anholt@FreeBSD.org>
Frank C. Earl <fearl@airmail.net>
Gareth Hughes <gareth@valinux.com>
Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com>
Jeff Hartmann <jhartmann@valinux.com>
Jens Owen <jens@tungstengraphics.com>
Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@gmail.com>
Jose Fonseca <jrfonseca@tungstengraphics.com>
Keith Whitwell <keith@tungstengraphics.com>
Kevin E. Martin <martin@valinux.com>
Leif Delgass <ldelgass@retinalburn.net>
Matthew J Sottek <matthew.j.sottek@intel.com>
Michel Daenzer <michel@daenzer.net>
Nicolai Haehnle <prefect_@gmx.net>
Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
Rickard E. (Rik) Faith <faith@valinux.com>
Sung-Ching Lin <sclin@sis.com.tw>
Terry Barnaby <terry1@beam.ltd.uk>
Thomas Hellstrom <unichrome@shipmail.org>
Torsten Duwe <duwe@caldera.de>
Distribution: SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

--------------------


--
PauliusC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PauliusC's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=116334
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

PauliusC
13-Sep-2011, 20:06
That zypper command worked after I installed the pack. Rpm's been
installed too I guess. I'll stick to instructions now.

Thanks a lot


--
PauliusC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PauliusC's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=116334
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

PauliusC
13-Sep-2011, 20:26
Wait, I think I just ran the ./build command? How did I need to
-install-? Everything is built in the same folder that I used that first
zypper command in.


--
PauliusC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PauliusC's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=116334
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517

mikewillis
13-Sep-2011, 22:16
Once the build command it's finished, assuming it successfully builds
everything, it will tell you where the rpm it has built is located. Then
you need to install that RPM.


Code:
--------------------
$ sudo rpm -ivh /path/to/the/rpm/multimediacodecs-1.0-release-number-here.rpm

--------------------

If it doesn't work with sudo, use su then run the rpm command.
You'll also need to log out and in again before you can use the new
codecs.

The build script builds everything in the directory called built and
leaves everything there in case you want to do something with that
instead of using the rpm. (This allows you to use it on a system where
you do not have root access and hence can't install the rpm.) Using the
rpm is the easiest option though assuming you have root, which you do.

The build command, assuming it successfully builds everything, also
tells you: "Now read the 'AFTER BUILD HAS FINISHED' section in
README.txt" ;)


--
mikewillis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mikewillis's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7510
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=444517