PDA

View Full Version : Suse + SNMP



surgutor
30-Nov-2014, 00:25
Hi everybody

I need help with with SNMP daemon for Suse Linux. The simple situation - a have to send traps to 2 hosts if something is wrong in my OS.

Config snmpd.conf:


mta-in-00:~/bck # cat /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
syslocation mta-in-00.localdomain
syscontact Customer Name <admin@customer.com>
sysservices 78

rocommunity "public" default

agentaddress udp:161,tcp:161

trapcommunity "public"
trapsess -v 2c -c "public" 192.168.47.1:8165
trapsess -v 2c -c "public" 192.168.47.2:8165


Log:


mta-in-00:~ # tail -f /var/log/net-snmpd.log
could not open /proc/net/if_inet6
cannot open /proc/net/snmp6 ...
NET-SNMP version 5.4.2.1


Ports are up:


mta-in-00:/etc/snmp # netstat -ntupl | grep snmp
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:161 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 7774/snmpd
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:199 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 7774/snmpd
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:37797 0.0.0.0:* 7774/snmpd
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:45044 0.0.0.0:* 7774/snmpd
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:161 0.0.0.0:* 7774/snmpd


During starting, SNMP sends "cold" traps:


mta-in-00:~ # tcpdump -i any -s0 -n host 192.168.47.1 or host 192.168.47.2
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on any, link-type LINUX_SLL (Linux cooked), capture size 65535 bytes
16:52:44.077940 IP 192.168.45.11.45044 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 95
16:52:44.077949 IP 192.168.45.11.45044 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 95
16:52:44.077952 IP 192.168.45.11.45044 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 95
16:52:44.077998 IP 192.168.45.11.37797 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 95
16:52:44.078001 IP 192.168.45.11.37797 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 95
16:52:44.078003 IP 192.168.45.11.37797 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 95
16:52:44.232191 IP 192.168.45.11.33207 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 94
16:52:44.232196 IP 192.168.45.11.33207 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 94
16:52:44.232198 IP 192.168.45.11.33207 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 94
16:52:44.232308 IP 192.168.45.11.42188 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 94
16:52:44.232310 IP 192.168.45.11.42188 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 94
16:52:44.232312 IP 192.168.45.11.42188 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 94


But if something is wrong in my system - ethernet cables are removed, hdd is full, sendmail is shutdown - there is no any traps.

Installed pkg:


mta-in-00:~ # rpm -qa | grep snmp
libsnmp15-5.4.2.1-8.12.6.1
snmp-mibs-5.4.2.1-8.12.6.1
net-snmp-5.4.2.1-8.12.6.1
rsyslog-module-snmp-5.8.7-0.5.5


Kernel:


mta-in-00:~ # uname -a
Linux mta-in-00 3.0.13-0.27-default #1 SMP Wed Feb 15 13:33:49 UTC 2012 (d73692b) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux


MIBs in the system:


mta-in-00:~ # ll /usr/share/snmp/mibs/
total 1764
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2140 Nov 26 17:59 .index
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 17455 Jan 27 2012 AGENTX-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 50948 Jan 27 2012 BRIDGE-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 68177 Jan 27 2012 DISMAN-EVENT-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 24613 Jan 27 2012 DISMAN-SCHEDULE-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 64311 Jan 27 2012 DISMAN-SCRIPT-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 84492 Jan 27 2012 EtherLike-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4660 Jan 27 2012 HCNUM-TC.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 52544 Jan 27 2012 HOST-RESOURCES-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10583 Jan 27 2012 HOST-RESOURCES-TYPES.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4743 Jan 27 2012 IANA-ADDRESS-FAMILY-NUMBERS-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4299 Jan 27 2012 IANA-LANGUAGE-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3518 Jan 27 2012 IANA-RTPROTO-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 24065 Jan 27 2012 IANAifType-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5066 Jan 27 2012 IF-INVERTED-STACK-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 71691 Jan 27 2012 IF-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16782 Jan 27 2012 INET-ADDRESS-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 46366 Jan 27 2012 IP-FORWARD-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 185928 Jan 27 2012 IP-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15936 Jan 27 2012 IPV6-ICMP-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 48703 Jan 27 2012 IPV6-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2367 Jan 27 2012 IPV6-TC.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7257 Jan 27 2012 IPV6-TCP-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4400 Jan 27 2012 IPV6-UDP-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5931 Jan 27 2012 LM-SENSORS-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15732 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-AGENT-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9160 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9198 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2036 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4495 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-TC.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5039 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 24723 Jan 27 2012 NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1174 Jan 27 2012 RFC-1215.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3067 Jan 27 2012 RFC1155-SMI.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 79667 Jan 27 2012 RFC1213-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 147822 Jan 27 2012 RMON-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 45323 Jan 27 2012 SCTP-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4595 Jan 27 2012 SMUX-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15490 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 22342 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5496 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-MPD-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20014 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9106 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-PROXY-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 22769 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-TARGET-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 39201 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2205 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-USM-AES-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 21106 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-USM-DH-OBJECTS-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 34162 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8263 Jan 27 2012 SNMPv2-CONF.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29305 Jan 27 2012 SNMPv2-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8924 Jan 27 2012 SNMPv2-SMI.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 38034 Jan 27 2012 SNMPv2-TC.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5775 Jan 27 2012 SNMPv2-TM.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 28564 Jan 27 2012 TCP-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16414 Jan 27 2012 TRANSPORT-ADDRESS-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 284 Nov 26 17:59 TRAP-TEST-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2163 Jan 27 2012 UCD-DEMO-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4402 Jan 27 2012 UCD-DISKIO-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3010 Jan 27 2012 UCD-DLMOD-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8118 Jan 27 2012 UCD-IPFWACC-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 46443 Jan 27 2012 UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20882 Jan 27 2012 UDP-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 22571 Jan 27 2012 VELOCITY-MIB.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 680 Jan 27 2012 VELOCITY-TYPES.txt


Interfaces and routing table:


mta-in-00:~ # ifconfig
bond1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MASTER MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:1547270 errors:0 dropped:772543 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:34057 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:92565948 (88.2 Mb) TX bytes:3289193 (3.1 Mb)

bond1.600 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
inet addr:192.168.61.11 Bcast:192.168.63.255 Mask:255.255.240.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1496 Metric:1
RX packets:944 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:1 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:40990 (40.0 Kb) TX bytes:42 (42.0 b)

bond1.700 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
inet addr:192.168.45.11 Bcast:192.168.47.255 Mask:255.255.240.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1496 Metric:1
RX packets:167533 errors:0 dropped:106 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:8739 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:6679605 (6.3 Mb) TX bytes:2079606 (1.9 Mb)

bond1.800 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
inet addr:192.168.29.11 Bcast:192.168.31.255 Mask:255.255.240.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1496 Metric:1
RX packets:570 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:155 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:35780 (34.9 Kb) TX bytes:16521 (16.1 Kb)

eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
UP BROADCAST RUNNING SLAVE MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:770559 errors:0 dropped:770379 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:2 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:46305279 (44.1 Mb) TX bytes:84 (84.0 b)

eth3 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
UP BROADCAST RUNNING SLAVE MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:776711 errors:0 dropped:125 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:34055 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:46260669 (44.1 Mb) TX bytes:3289109 (3.1 Mb)

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:244 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:244 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:14620 (14.2 Kb) TX bytes:14620 (14.2 Kb)

mta-in-00:~ # route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
default 192.168.30.2 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.800
10.49.128.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
10.53.0.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.0.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
10.60.0.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.0.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
10.61.0.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.0.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
10.80.137.208 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.240 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
10.81.17.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
10.81.34.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
10.81.220.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.224 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
82.182.8.6 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.255 UGH 0 0 0 bond1.700
loopback * 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo
192.168.16.0 * 255.255.240.0 U 0 0 0 bond1.800
192.168.32.0 * 255.255.240.0 U 0 0 0 bond1.700
192.168.48.0 * 255.255.240.0 U 0 0 0 bond1.600
217.174.65.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.224 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
217.174.65.136 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.248 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700

Of course, i don't have any firewall, Iptables is clear
It looks that everyting is ok, but daemon doen't know when and what to send. I guess i missed something.

I need your help :) Thanks and br/// Ilya

ab
30-Nov-2014, 04:59
On 11/29/2014 04:34 PM, surgutor wrote:
>
> I need help with with SNMP daemon for Suse Linux. The simple situation -
> a have to send traps to 2 hosts if something is wrong in my OS.
>
> Config snmpd.conf:
>
> Code:
> --------------------
> mta-in-00:~/bck # cat /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
> syslocation mta-in-00.localdomain
> syscontact Customer Name <admin@customer.com>
> sysservices 78
>
> rocommunity "public" default
>
> agentaddress udp:161,tcp:161
>
> trapcommunity "public"
> trapsess -v 2c -c "public" 192.168.47.1:8165
> trapsess -v 2c -c "public" 192.168.47.2:8165
>
> --------------------

This looks fine to me, and matches what the LAN trace shows; send stuff to
these two hosts on port 8165 (UDP). This apparently works since that's
what the LAN trace shows.

> Ports are up:
>
> Code:
> --------------------
> mta-in-00:/etc/snmp # netstat -ntupl | grep snmp
> tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:161 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 7774/snmpd
> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:199 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 7774/snmpd
> udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:37797 0.0.0.0:* 7774/snmpd
> udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:45044 0.0.0.0:* 7774/snmpd
> udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:161 0.0.0.0:* 7774/snmpd
>
> --------------------

I'm not sure what you are showing here. This is from the system that is
supposed to be SENDING the messages to the 192.168.47.(1|2) systems,
right? What do listening ports have to do with sending data? Nothing, so
this confuses me.

> During starting, SNMP sends "cold" traps:
>
> Code:
> --------------------
> mta-in-00:~ # tcpdump -i any -s0 -n host 192.168.47.1 or host 192.168.47.2
> tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
> listening on any, link-type LINUX_SLL (Linux cooked), capture size 65535 bytes
> 16:52:44.077940 IP 192.168.45.11.45044 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 95
> 16:52:44.077949 IP 192.168.45.11.45044 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 95
> 16:52:44.077952 IP 192.168.45.11.45044 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 95
> 16:52:44.077998 IP 192.168.45.11.37797 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 95
> 16:52:44.078001 IP 192.168.45.11.37797 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 95
> 16:52:44.078003 IP 192.168.45.11.37797 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 95
> 16:52:44.232191 IP 192.168.45.11.33207 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 94
> 16:52:44.232196 IP 192.168.45.11.33207 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 94
> 16:52:44.232198 IP 192.168.45.11.33207 > 192.168.47.1.8165: UDP, length 94
> 16:52:44.232308 IP 192.168.45.11.42188 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 94
> 16:52:44.232310 IP 192.168.45.11.42188 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 94
> 16:52:44.232312 IP 192.168.45.11.42188 > 192.168.47.2.8165: UDP, length 94
>
> --------------------

So it is working, and sending to the specified port. Are you listening,
on the other machines, on this non-standard port? I presume so.

> But if something is wrong in my system - ethernet cables are removed,
> hdd is full, sendmail is shutdown - there is no any traps.

How are you determining that there are not any traps? If the network
cable is unplugged that may not be surprising (maybe snmpd is clever and
caches things.... I do not know as I am not an SNMP expert) but if the
service is shutdown, and if that should normally cause a trap, then I
cannot think of why that would not work. Could you help a newbie
understand how to configure certain types of traps? Have you tried
continuing the LAN trace on this box when doing things like stopping the
service to see if an attempt is even made to send something (I presume so,
but would like confirmation on what "there is no any traps" really means)?

> Installed pkg:
>
> Code:
> --------------------
> mta-in-00:~ # rpm -qa | grep snmp
> libsnmp15-5.4.2.1-8.12.6.1
> snmp-mibs-5.4.2.1-8.12.6.1
> net-snmp-5.4.2.1-8.12.6.1
> rsyslog-module-snmp-5.8.7-0.5.5
>
> --------------------
>
> Kernel:
>
> Code:
> --------------------
> mta-in-00:~ # uname -a
> Linux mta-in-00 3.0.13-0.27-default #1 SMP Wed Feb 15 13:33:49 UTC 2012 (d73692b) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> --------------------
>
> MIBs in the system:
>
> Code:
> --------------------
>
> mta-in-00:~ # ll /usr/share/snmp/mibs/
> total 1764
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2140 Nov 26 17:59 .index
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 17455 Jan 27 2012 AGENTX-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 50948 Jan 27 2012 BRIDGE-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 68177 Jan 27 2012 DISMAN-EVENT-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 24613 Jan 27 2012 DISMAN-SCHEDULE-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 64311 Jan 27 2012 DISMAN-SCRIPT-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 84492 Jan 27 2012 EtherLike-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4660 Jan 27 2012 HCNUM-TC.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 52544 Jan 27 2012 HOST-RESOURCES-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10583 Jan 27 2012 HOST-RESOURCES-TYPES.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4743 Jan 27 2012 IANA-ADDRESS-FAMILY-NUMBERS-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4299 Jan 27 2012 IANA-LANGUAGE-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3518 Jan 27 2012 IANA-RTPROTO-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 24065 Jan 27 2012 IANAifType-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5066 Jan 27 2012 IF-INVERTED-STACK-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 71691 Jan 27 2012 IF-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16782 Jan 27 2012 INET-ADDRESS-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 46366 Jan 27 2012 IP-FORWARD-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 185928 Jan 27 2012 IP-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15936 Jan 27 2012 IPV6-ICMP-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 48703 Jan 27 2012 IPV6-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2367 Jan 27 2012 IPV6-TC.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7257 Jan 27 2012 IPV6-TCP-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4400 Jan 27 2012 IPV6-UDP-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5931 Jan 27 2012 LM-SENSORS-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15732 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-AGENT-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9160 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9198 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2036 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4495 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-TC.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5039 Jan 27 2012 NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 24723 Jan 27 2012 NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1174 Jan 27 2012 RFC-1215.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3067 Jan 27 2012 RFC1155-SMI.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 79667 Jan 27 2012 RFC1213-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 147822 Jan 27 2012 RMON-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 45323 Jan 27 2012 SCTP-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4595 Jan 27 2012 SMUX-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15490 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 22342 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5496 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-MPD-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20014 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9106 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-PROXY-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 22769 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-TARGET-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 39201 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2205 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-USM-AES-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 21106 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-USM-DH-OBJECTS-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 34162 Jan 27 2012 SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8263 Jan 27 2012 SNMPv2-CONF.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29305 Jan 27 2012 SNMPv2-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8924 Jan 27 2012 SNMPv2-SMI.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 38034 Jan 27 2012 SNMPv2-TC.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5775 Jan 27 2012 SNMPv2-TM.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 28564 Jan 27 2012 TCP-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16414 Jan 27 2012 TRANSPORT-ADDRESS-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 284 Nov 26 17:59 TRAP-TEST-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2163 Jan 27 2012 UCD-DEMO-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4402 Jan 27 2012 UCD-DISKIO-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3010 Jan 27 2012 UCD-DLMOD-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8118 Jan 27 2012 UCD-IPFWACC-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 46443 Jan 27 2012 UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20882 Jan 27 2012 UDP-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 22571 Jan 27 2012 VELOCITY-MIB.txt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 680 Jan 27 2012 VELOCITY-TYPES.txt
>
> --------------------
>
> Interfaces and routing table:
>

You really should use the 'ip' command, just for the record. ifconfig is
outdated (see its manpage) and has been for years.



ip addr #ip a
ip route #ip r
ip -s link
ip neigh


>
> Code:
> --------------------
> mta-in-00:~ # ifconfig
> bond1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
> UP BROADCAST RUNNING MASTER MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
> RX packets:1547270 errors:0 dropped:772543 overruns:0 frame:0
> TX packets:34057 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
> RX bytes:92565948 (88.2 Mb) TX bytes:3289193 (3.1 Mb)
>
> bond1.600 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
> inet addr:192.168.61.11 Bcast:192.168.63.255 Mask:255.255.240.0
> UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1496 Metric:1
> RX packets:944 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
> TX packets:1 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
> RX bytes:40990 (40.0 Kb) TX bytes:42 (42.0 b)
>
> bond1.700 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
> inet addr:192.168.45.11 Bcast:192.168.47.255 Mask:255.255.240.0
> UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1496 Metric:1
> RX packets:167533 errors:0 dropped:106 overruns:0 frame:0
> TX packets:8739 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
> RX bytes:6679605 (6.3 Mb) TX bytes:2079606 (1.9 Mb)
>
> bond1.800 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
> inet addr:192.168.29.11 Bcast:192.168.31.255 Mask:255.255.240.0
> UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1496 Metric:1
> RX packets:570 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
> TX packets:155 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
> RX bytes:35780 (34.9 Kb) TX bytes:16521 (16.1 Kb)
>
> eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
> UP BROADCAST RUNNING SLAVE MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
> RX packets:770559 errors:0 dropped:770379 overruns:0 frame:0
> TX packets:2 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
> RX bytes:46305279 (44.1 Mb) TX bytes:84 (84.0 b)
>
> eth3 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 10:10:3E:A1:01:00
> UP BROADCAST RUNNING SLAVE MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
> RX packets:776711 errors:0 dropped:125 overruns:0 frame:0
> TX packets:34055 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
> RX bytes:46260669 (44.1 Mb) TX bytes:3289109 (3.1 Mb)
>
> lo Link encap:Local Loopback
> inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
> UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
> RX packets:244 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
> TX packets:244 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
> RX bytes:14620 (14.2 Kb) TX bytes:14620 (14.2 Kb)
>
> mta-in-00:~ # route
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
> default 192.168.30.2 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.800
> 10.49.128.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
> 10.53.0.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.0.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
> 10.60.0.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.0.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
> 10.61.0.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.0.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
> 10.80.137.208 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.240 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
> 10.81.17.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
> 10.81.34.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.0 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
> 10.81.220.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.224 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
> 82.182.8.6 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.255 UGH 0 0 0 bond1.700
> loopback * 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo
> 192.168.16.0 * 255.255.240.0 U 0 0 0 bond1.800
> 192.168.32.0 * 255.255.240.0 U 0 0 0 bond1.700
> 192.168.48.0 * 255.255.240.0 U 0 0 0 bond1.600
> 217.174.65.0 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.224 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
> 217.174.65.136 192.168.46.2 255.255.255.248 UG 0 0 0 bond1.700
>
> --------------------
>
> Of course, i don't have any firewall, Iptables is clear
> It looks that everyting is ok, but daemon doen't know when and what to
> send. I guess i missed something.
>
> I need your help :) Thanks and br/// Ilya

Did you configure your system to send those other types of traps? See the
snmpd.conf manpage, but I stole this from there, which seems to imply you
need t specify something, at least to a newb like me:



Process Monitoring
The hrSWRun group of the Host Resources MIB provides information
about individual processes running on the local system. The prTable of
the UCD-SNMP-MIB complements this by reporting on selected services
(which may involve multiple processes). This
requires that the agent was built with support for the
ucd-snmp/proc module (which is included as part of the default build
configuration).

proc NAME [MAX [MIN]]
monitors the number of processes called NAME (as reported by
" -acx") running on the local system.

If the number of NAMEd processes is less than MIN or greater
than MAX, then the corresponding prErrorFlag instance will be set to 1,
and a suitable description message reported via the prErrMessage instance.

Note: This situation will not automatically trigger a trap
to report the problem - see the DisMan Event MIB section later.

If neither MAX nor MIN are specified, they will default to
infinity and 1 respectively ("at least one"). If only MAX is specified,
MIN will default to 0 ("no more than MAX"). If MAX is 0 (and MIN is not),
this indicates infinity ("at least MIN").
If both MAX and MIN are 0, this indicates a process that
should not be running.

procfix NAME PROG ARGS
registers a command that can be run to fix errors with the
given process NAME. This will be invoked when the corresponding prErrFix
instance is set to 1.

Note: This command will not be invoked automatically.

The procfix directive must be specified after the matching
proc directive, and cannot be used on its own.

If no proc directives are defined, then walking the prTable will
fail (noSuchObject).



--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...

jmozdzen
09-Dec-2014, 13:04
Hi *,

On 11/29/2014 04:34 PM, surgutor wrote:
> But if something is wrong in my system - ethernet cables are removed,
> hdd is full, sendmail is shutdown - there is no any traps.
[...]
Did you configure your system to send those other types of traps? See the
snmpd.conf manpage, but I stole this from there, which seems to imply you
need t specify something

ab has it right: snmpd will (except for some very basic traps concerning *itself*) not send traps all by itself, unless configuring "DisMan" properly.

Again from the snmpd.conf man page, a bit above from what ab quoted:

ACTIVE MONITORING
The usual behaviour of an SNMP agent is to wait for incoming SNMP requests and respond to them - if no requests are received, an agent will typically not initiate any actions. This section describes various directives that
can configure snmpd to take a more active role.