PDA

View Full Version : how to get/install bluefish editor



hnz linux
16-Nov-2011, 05:46
Hi there,

I'm trying install the bluefish editor and having a lotta trouble
sorting it out. i'm actually new to linux and i've just installed the
following version of openSuse:

SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (i586)
VERSION = 11

i've searched yast and couldn't find it there.


I am hoping somebody here can help me out with some instructions on how
to get it done..?

thanks!


--
hnz_linux
------------------------------------------------------------------------
hnz_linux's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=119787
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448272

malcolmlewis
16-Nov-2011, 06:23
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 04:46:02 GMT
hnz linux <hnz_linux@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying install the bluefish editor and having a lotta trouble
> sorting it out. i'm actually new to linux and i've just installed the
> following version of openSuse:
>
> SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (i586)
> VERSION = 11
>
> i've searched yast and couldn't find it there.
>
>
> I am hoping somebody here can help me out with some instructions on
> how to get it done..?
>
> thanks!
>
>
Hi
I would use the version (bluefish-2.0.3) from the Open Build Service in
the 'Editors' repository;
http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=bluefish&baseproject=SUSE%3ASLE-11&lang=en&exclude_debug=true

Just use the one click as this will add the repository automatically,
install via YaST and then disable the repository again via YaST. You can
then check back on occasionally and re-enable if it updates.

It won't be supported as such with SLE, but there is always here and
bugzilla for the editor repository version.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.9-desktop
up 15:07, 3 users, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.10
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 285.05.09

hnz linux
16-Nov-2011, 09:26
malcolmlewis;2154110 Wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 04:46:02 GMT
> hnz linux <hnz_linux@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
>
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm trying install the bluefish editor and having a lotta trouble
> > sorting it out. i'm actually new to linux and i've just installed
> the
> > following version of openSuse:
> >
> > SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (i586)
> > VERSION = 11
> >
> > i've searched yast and couldn't find it there.
> >
> >
> > I am hoping somebody here can help me out with some instructions on
> > how to get it done..?
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> >
> Hi
> I would use the version (bluefish-2.0.3) from the Open Build Service
> in
> the 'Editors' repository;
> 'software.opensuse.org: Search Results'
> (http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=bluefish&baseproject=SUSE%3ASLE-11&lang=en&exclude_debug=true)
>
> Just use the one click as this will add the repository automatically,
> install via YaST and then disable the repository again via YaST. You
> can
> then check back on occasionally and re-enable if it updates.
>
> It won't be supported as such with SLE, but there is always here and
> bugzilla for the editor repository version.
>
> --
> Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
> openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.9-desktop
> up 15:07, 3 users, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.10
> GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 285.05.09



Hi there, thanks for that. I've unfortunately encountered another
error.

when i try to install via yast i get the following:

An error occurred while initializing the software repository.
Details:
System management is locked by the application with pid 15068
(/usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base).
Close this application before trying again.
Try again?


when hit try again..i'm prompted for Server & directory details:

there is a field to enter Repository name

Server name is set as: download.opensuse.org

directory on server is set to: /repositories/Education/SLE-11/

auth: anonymous


i'm not sure what i need to set the repository name as. no matter i've
tried it loops back to the try again message above.







here is the logs:

2011-11-16 19:17:51 <1> (none)(18348) [YCP] SourceDialogs.ycp:191 URL
'Index of /repositories/Education/SLE-11'
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Education/SLE-11/) is ISO:
false
2011-11-16 19:17:51 <1> (none)(18348) [YCP] SourceDialogs.ycp:1300
ServerHandle: http, $["ID":`rb_type]
2011-11-16 19:17:51 <1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
YShortcutManager.cc(checkShortcuts):113 Shortcut conflict: 'D' used for
YRadioButton "Edit Parts of the URL" at 0x8d2c208
2011-11-16 19:17:51 <1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
YShortcutManager.cc(checkShortcuts):113 Shortcut conflict: 'P' used for
YRadioButton "HTTPS" at 0x8d33fa0
2011-11-16 19:17:51 <1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
YShortcutManager.cc(checkShortcuts):113 Shortcut conflict: 'P' used for
YInputField "Port" at 0x8d37400
2011-11-16 19:17:51 <1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
YShortcutManager.cc(checkShortcuts):113 Shortcut conflict: 'D' used for
YInputField "Directory on Server" at 0x8b766c0
2011-11-16 19:17:51 <1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
YShortcutManager.cc(checkShortcuts):113 Shortcut conflict: 'P' used for
YPasswordField "Password" at 0x8d2b480
2011-11-16 19:17:51 <1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
YShortcutManager.cc(resolveConflict):286 Couldn't resolve shortcut
conflict for YInputField "Port" at 0x8d37400 - assigning no shortcut
2011-11-16 19:17:51 <1> (none)(18348) [YCP] SourceDialogs.ycp:1507
Anonymous: true
2011-11-16 19:17:51 <1> (none)(18348) [YCP] SourceDialogs.ycp:1300
ServerHandle: http, $["ID":"_cwm_wakeup"]



Any advice? how can i get this to work..? thanks!


--
hnz_linux
------------------------------------------------------------------------
hnz_linux's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=119787
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448272

svalx
16-Nov-2011, 10:15
16.11.2011 12:26, hnz linux wrote:
>
> malcolmlewis;2154110 Wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 04:46:02 GMT
>> hnz linux<hnz_linux@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I'm trying install the bluefish editor and having a lotta trouble
>>> sorting it out. i'm actually new to linux and i've just installed
>> the
>>> following version of openSuse:
>>>
>>> SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (i586)
>>> VERSION = 11
>>>
>>> i've searched yast and couldn't find it there.
>>>
>>>
>>> I am hoping somebody here can help me out with some instructions on
>>> how to get it done..?
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>>
>>>
>> Hi
>> I would use the version (bluefish-2.0.3) from the Open Build Service
>> in
>> the 'Editors' repository;
>> 'software.opensuse.org: Search Results'
>> (http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=bluefish&baseproject=SUSE%3ASLE-11&lang=en&exclude_debug=true)
>>
>> Just use the one click as this will add the repository automatically,
>> install via YaST and then disable the repository again via YaST. You
>> can
>> then check back on occasionally and re-enable if it updates.
>>
>> It won't be supported as such with SLE, but there is always here and
>> bugzilla for the editor repository version.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
>> openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.9-desktop
>> up 15:07, 3 users, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.10
>> GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 285.05.09
>
>
>
> Hi there, thanks for that. I've unfortunately encountered another
> error.
>
> when i try to install via yast i get the following:
>
> An error occurred while initializing the software repository.
> Details:
> System management is locked by the application with pid 15068
> (/usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base).
> Close this application before trying again.
> Try again?
>
>
> when hit try again..i'm prompted for Server& directory details:
>
> there is a field to enter Repository name
>
> Server name is set as: download.opensuse.org
>
> directory on server is set to: /repositories/Education/SLE-11/
>
> auth: anonymous
>
>
> i'm not sure what i need to set the repository name as. no matter i've
> tried it loops back to the try again message above.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> here is the logs:
>
> 2011-11-16 19:17:51<1> (none)(18348) [YCP] SourceDialogs.ycp:191 URL
> 'Index of /repositories/Education/SLE-11'
> (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Education/SLE-11/) is ISO:
> false
> 2011-11-16 19:17:51<1> (none)(18348) [YCP] SourceDialogs.ycp:1300
> ServerHandle: http, $["ID":`rb_type]
> 2011-11-16 19:17:51<1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
> YShortcutManager.cc(checkShortcuts):113 Shortcut conflict: 'D' used for
> YRadioButton "Edit Parts of the URL" at 0x8d2c208
> 2011-11-16 19:17:51<1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
> YShortcutManager.cc(checkShortcuts):113 Shortcut conflict: 'P' used for
> YRadioButton "HTTPS" at 0x8d33fa0
> 2011-11-16 19:17:51<1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
> YShortcutManager.cc(checkShortcuts):113 Shortcut conflict: 'P' used for
> YInputField "Port" at 0x8d37400
> 2011-11-16 19:17:51<1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
> YShortcutManager.cc(checkShortcuts):113 Shortcut conflict: 'D' used for
> YInputField "Directory on Server" at 0x8b766c0
> 2011-11-16 19:17:51<1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
> YShortcutManager.cc(checkShortcuts):113 Shortcut conflict: 'P' used for
> YPasswordField "Password" at 0x8d2b480
> 2011-11-16 19:17:51<1> (none)(18348) [ui-shortcuts]
> YShortcutManager.cc(resolveConflict):286 Couldn't resolve shortcut
> conflict for YInputField "Port" at 0x8d37400 - assigning no shortcut
> 2011-11-16 19:17:51<1> (none)(18348) [YCP] SourceDialogs.ycp:1507
> Anonymous: true
> 2011-11-16 19:17:51<1> (none)(18348) [YCP] SourceDialogs.ycp:1300
> ServerHandle: http, $["ID":"_cwm_wakeup"]
>
>
>
> Any advice? how can i get this to work..? thanks!
>
>

Hello hnz linux.
Close all YaST modules, open terminal and execute command:

sudo zypper ar --refresh -repo
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Education/SLE-11/Education.repo
And if it succeeds, run this command:
sudo zypper install
bluefish

mikewillis
16-Nov-2011, 10:46
hnz_linux;2154105 Wrote:
> ... i've just installed the following version of openSuse:
>
> SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (i586)
> VERSION = 11
>
>

SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop is not a version of openSUSE. openSUSE
and SLED share a common base, but they are two different products.

That version information you post looks like part of the content of
/etc/novell-release. Can you post the full content of that file? There
should be a line in there that says PATCHLEVEL.


--
mikewillis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mikewillis's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7510
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448272

AlexDudko
18-Nov-2011, 12:26
I use this package:
> Name: bluefish
> Version: 1.0.7-30.14
> Arch: i586
> Vendor: openSUSE-Education
Downloaded and installed manually. Not an issue so far.


--
AlexDudko
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AlexDudko's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=100476
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448272