PDA

View Full Version : disable/hide repo mirrors we don't use



shawn_protsman
01-Jun-2015, 22:12
Is it not possible to mark repos we do not use as "Hidden"?

For example, within the details section of each repository is this:

Base URL:https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLES11-SP3-Pool/sle-11-s390x/
Trusted_ Internal_ Hidden_
Additional options

Trusted and Internal are checked. I check Hidden, then click the "Save changes" button and the Hidden checkbox is unchecked. It never gets applied.

Or is the preferred method to simple click the "Delete" button at the bottom?

ab
01-Jun-2015, 22:19
Is this a question about SUSE Studio? I do not remember seeing an
excessive number of repositories in there unless I go and add them myself.


--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...

shawn_protsman
03-Jun-2015, 01:01
Is this a question about SUSE Studio? I do not remember seeing an
excessive number of repositories in there unless I go and add them myself.

Yes. I go to Advanced | Repositories and get two pages of SUSE's repos mirrored. See screen shot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt4mnbiawpo87it/Screenshot%202015-06-02%2016.58.51.png?dl=0

deano_ferrari
03-Jun-2015, 02:06
You need to post in the SUSE Forums for SLED/SLES

https://forums.suse.com/forum.php

This forum is for openSUSE.


--
deano_ferrari
------------------------------------------------------------------------
deano_ferrari's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=122
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=507821

Carlos E. R.
03-Jun-2015, 02:33
On 2015-06-03 03:06, deano ferrari wrote:
>
> You need to post in the SUSE Forums for SLED/SLES
>
> https://forums.suse.com/forum.php
>
> This forum is for openSUSE.

Nope.

This forum shows on both, it is mirrored:

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/507821-disable-hide-repo-mirrors-we-don-t-use
https://forums.suse.com/showthread.php?6450-disable-hide-repo-mirrors-we-don-t-use


--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

deano_ferrari
03-Jun-2015, 03:16
Yes, but the OP's question appears to relate to SLED/SLES repos.


--
deano_ferrari
------------------------------------------------------------------------
deano_ferrari's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=122
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=507821

ab
03-Jun-2015, 04:56
You do not understand; these post ARE coming from the SUSE side of the
SUSE Studio forum, not the openSUSE side (you can see this via the links
back to the forum post as seen on the NNTP side), but because these are
mirrored the post appears on both sides as always.

Back to the original issue, other than using the search field to limit
which ones are shown (possibly) I do not think this is possible via a user
preference.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...

deano_ferrari
03-Jun-2015, 10:16
ab;2713403 Wrote:
> You do not understand; these post ARE coming from the SUSE side of the
> SUSE Studio forum, not the openSUSE side (you can see this via the links
> back to the forum post as seen on the NNTP side), but because these are
> mirrored the post appears on both sides as always.
I understand that. I'm was questioning whether it is a 'Studio' question
or a 'SLED/SLES' question? It won't be mirrored here if is goes in the
appropriate forum

http://tinyurl.com/mhqqczy


--
deano_ferrari
------------------------------------------------------------------------
deano_ferrari's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=122
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=507821

hendersj
03-Jun-2015, 16:05
On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 09:16:01 +0000, deano ferrari wrote:

> ab;2713403 Wrote:
>> You do not understand; these post ARE coming from the SUSE side of the
>> SUSE Studio forum, not the openSUSE side (you can see this via the
>> links back to the forum post as seen on the NNTP side), but because
>> these are mirrored the post appears on both sides as always.
> I understand that. I'm was questioning whether it is a 'Studio' question
> or a 'SLED/SLES' question? It won't be mirrored here if is goes in the
> appropriate forum
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mhqqczy

This is a question about adding repos for building SUSE Studio image for
SLE - it does belong here.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10
Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner

shawn_protsman
04-Jun-2015, 00:36
Back to the original issue, other than using the search field to limit
which ones are shown (possibly) I do not think this is possible via a user
preference.

Thanks, that is what I began to do yesterday but was hoping that wasn't the solution. Perhaps it is a bug that one cannot check the mirrored repository as hidden.