PDA

View Full Version : SMT updates



Stevo
03-Mar-2016, 22:53
Been running SMT on a sles11sp3 box for years now, everything is
working fine, except I have not seen any updates now for over a week,
and usually it's a couple days at most without updates.

I thought I read somewhere about having to change from nu.novell.com to
a different repository, but for the life of me I can't remember what it
was.

If that change needs to be made, what is the best way to change this to
ensure I keep getting required updates?

--
Stevo

smflood
03-Mar-2016, 23:48
"Stevo" Wrote in message:

> Been running SMT on a sles11sp3 box for years now, everything is
> working fine, except I have not seen any updates now for over a week,
> and usually it's a couple days at most without updates.
>
> I thought I read somewhere about having to change from nu.novell.com to
> a different repository, but for the life of me I can't remember what it
> was.
>
> If that change needs to be made, what is the best way to change this to
> ensure I keep getting required updates?

SMT on SLES11 SP3 should still be picking up updates but obviously
it depends on which repos you're mirroring.

I think the change you're thinking of is the one to switch from
Novell Customer Center (NCC) to SUSE Customer Center (SCC) which
is required if you want to use SMT with SLES12 but not necessary
for SLES11 or earlier.

HTH.
--
Simon Flood
SUSE Knowledge Partner


----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Stevo
04-Mar-2016, 00:06
Simon Flood sounds like they 'said':

> SMT on SLES11 SP3 should still be picking up updates but obviously
> it depends on which repos you're mirroring.
>
> I think the change you're thinking of is the one to switch from
> Novell Customer Center (NCC) to SUSE Customer Center (SCC) which
> is required if you want to use SMT with SLES12 but not necessary
> for SLES11 or earlier.

So my response to Simon's comment is...

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Currently I'm mirroring:

Mobility-14.2-Updates
OES11-SP2-Pool
OES11-SP2-Updates
SLE11-SMT-SP3-Pool
SLE11-SMT-SP3-Updates
SLE11-SMT-Updates
SLES11-SP3-Extension-Store
SLES11-SP3-Pool
SLES11-SP3-Updates

--
Stevo

thsundel
04-Mar-2016, 09:03
Simon Flood sounds like they 'said':

> SMT on SLES11 SP3 should still be picking up updates but obviously
> it depends on which repos you're mirroring.
>
> I think the change you're thinking of is the one to switch from
> Novell Customer Center (NCC) to SUSE Customer Center (SCC) which
> is required if you want to use SMT with SLES12 but not necessary
> for SLES11 or earlier.

So my response to Simon's comment is...

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Currently I'm mirroring:

Mobility-14.2-Updates
OES11-SP2-Pool
OES11-SP2-Updates
SLE11-SMT-SP3-Pool
SLE11-SMT-SP3-Updates
SLE11-SMT-Updates
SLES11-SP3-Extension-Store
SLES11-SP3-Pool
SLES11-SP3-Updates

--
Stevo

Maybe because SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 general support ended on 31 Jan 2016? But OES11SP2 should still get updates, the last one that came out was on 11 Feb.

Thomas

Stevo
04-Mar-2016, 15:35
thsundel sounds like they 'said':

> Maybe because SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 general support
> ended on 31 Jan 2016? But OES11SP2 should still get updates, the last
> one that came out was on 11 Feb.

So my response to thsundel's comment is...

Ok, just wanting to make sure my system was not missing updates.
Thought I read somewhere too that oes11sp2 is not officially supported
on sles11sp4 yet?

--
Stevo

thsundel
04-Mar-2016, 16:16
thsundel sounds like they 'said':

> Maybe because SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 general support
> ended on 31 Jan 2016? But OES11SP2 should still get updates, the last
> one that came out was on 11 Feb.

So my response to thsundel's comment is...

Ok, just wanting to make sure my system was not missing updates.
Thought I read somewhere too that oes11sp2 is not officially supported
on sles11sp4 yet?

--
Stevo

That is true, oes11sp2 is not supported on sles11sp4 but take a look at this: https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/sles-11-sp3-eol-oes/

Thomas