PDA

View Full Version : Transportation: Airport to Prague Hilton



KBOYLE
15-Aug-2017, 19:09
The first thing you'll want to do is check out the Transportation to and from the Prague Airport (http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/airport_transportation.html) page. As you can see, there are several options from public transportation to limousines.

You can save a bit on transportation if you are willing to share a ride with fellow attendees. To me, this makes sense especially if everyone is going to the same hotel.

If this idea appeals to you, why not make it easier for other attendees to identify you by displaying something that has the SUSE logo? Be sure to have a few Czech Koruna with you cover your share of the cost.

See you at SUSECON. Look for me and other Knowledge Partners at our booth in the exhibit hall.

smflood
16-Aug-2017, 14:27
On 15/08/17 19:14, KBOYLE wrote:

> The first thing you'll want to do is check out the 'Transportation to
> and from the Prague Airport'
> (http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/airport_transportation.html)
> page. As you can see, there are several options from public
> transportation to limousines.
>
> You can save a bit on transportation if you are willing to share a ride
> with fellow attendees. To me, this makes sense especially if everyone is
> going to the same hotel.

For me there would seem to be two options for getting from the airport
to the hotel - public transport or an airport shuttle. Whilst the former
is cheaper I'll probably pre-book the latter as a less stressful option
(for both directions) given I can reclaim reasonable expenses.

> If this idea appeals to you, why not make it easier for other attendees
> to identify you by displaying something that has the SUSE logo? Be sure
> to have a few Czech Koruna with you cover your share of the cost.

Some may be wearing green shoes but I'll have a green case and depending
on the weather may be wearing a green SUSE jacket and/or holding a green
SUSE umbrella!

> See you at SUSECON. Look for me and other Knowledge Partners at our
> booth in the exhibit hall.

I'll also be at the booth in between sessions.

HTH.
--
Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

smflood
12-Sep-2017, 16:15
On 16/08/17 14:27, Simon Flood wrote:

> For me there would seem to be two options for getting from the airport
> to the hotel - public transport or an airport shuttle. Whilst the former
> is cheaper I'll probably pre-book the latter as a less stressful option
> (for both directions) given I can reclaim reasonable expenses.

I now appear to have stumbled upon another option which is kind of a
combination between public transport and an airport shuttle - it's a
shuttle with scheduled departures at half the price of the airport
shuttle. See https://www.prague-airport-shuttle.cz/public-shuttle-bus/
for more information.

Personally I'm now booking a shared ride airport shuttle as it's door to
door and I don't know Prague.

HTH.
--
Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

smflood
25-Sep-2017, 22:20
Simon Flood Wrote in message:

> I now appear to have stumbled upon another option which is kind of a
> combination between public transport and an airport shuttle - it's a
> shuttle with scheduled departures at half the price of the airport
> shuttle. See https://www.prague-airport-shuttle.cz/public-shuttle-bus/
> for more information.
>
> Personally I'm now booking a shared ride airport shuttle as it's door to
> door and I don't know Prague.

FYI I had to wait almost one hour for the Prague airport shuttle I
pre-booked to leave the airport as we had to wait for other
passengers, supposedly some from the same flight as myself. If
you haven't already booked and time is of the essence I'd take a
taxi as it will get you to your hotel quicker than the shuttle
which may have to drop passengers off at other hotels before
you.

HTH.
--
Simon Flood
SUSE Knowledge Partner


----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/