Offline Upgrade SLES 12 SP5 to 15 SP2 Fails (Solved)
HPE Proliant DL580 G9
Offline Upgrade SLES 12 SP5 to 15 SP2 done successfully!
- In the file /etc/fstab we changed all mount points from cciss to hpsa;
- Downloaded and make the boot with SLE-15-SP2-Online-x86_64-GM-Media1.iso file;
- When GRUB menu appears select T, select Upgrade, CTRL+e to edit, and add the hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 parameter;
- CTRL+x to save and start the Upgrade;
- When asked fill the network settings and proceed with the Upgrade (make sure you have internet access);
Note.: After the upgrade we had to reconfigure the name servers.