I have been working for a number of weeks getting the following configuration running:

1 x SLES 12 SP2 iSCSI Target (serving OCR2 / ASM Disks)
2 x SLES 12 SP2 HOSTS (NODE 1 / NODE 2) running SLES HA, with Oracle 11gR2 Grid.

all within VMWare Workstation 14.

This was basically a practise installation before attempting this on the real hardware. The HA Cluster is up and running and the disks are accessible with no issues.
I've followed various tutorials from both SuSE and Oracle and the installation always fails just after the ASM disks are created (running the root.sh script):

ASM created and started successfully.

Disk Group DATA created successfully.

PROT-1: Failed to initialize ocrconfig
PROC-26: Error while accessing the physical storage
ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

Failed to create Oracle Cluster Registry configuration, rc 255
Oracle Grid Infrastructure Repository configuration failed at /home/oracleRDBMS/grid/11.2/db/crs/install/crsconfig_lib.pm line 6919.
/home/oracleRDBMS/grid/11.2/db/perl/bin/perl -I/home/oracleRDBMS/grid/11.2/db/perl/lib -I/home/oracleRDBMS/grid/11.2/db/crs/install /home/oracleRDBMS/grid/11.2/db/crs/install/rootcrs.pl execution failed

I have an Oracle SR open for this and have just spent 4 hours in a WebEx with them, but the issue is still outstanding.
Has anyone managed to get a similar configuration running on SLES that can point out what I (and now Oracle) are missing?

Regards,
Kevin.