Thread: Virtualization Xen domain on SLES stay in block mode

Hybrid View

Virtualization Xen domain on SLES stay in block mode

To whom it may concern

The customer is using SLES 11 SP1 with 1 Xen Virtual Host.There are 5 Domains running on the Host.They only use one domain called MultiGuide.The Domain MultiGuide start up, shows it is running (r), and then change to a block (b) status.I already restarted the server, without any success.

What else can I do ?

2. Re: Virtualization Xen domain on SLES stay in block mode

Hi,

> What else can I do

- Check the logs, most likely the DomU's log first, then the Dom0's Xen log.

- Upgrade the host machine, SLES11SP1 is pretty outdated.

> There are 5 Domains running on the Host.They only use one domain called MultiGuide

Just out of curiosity: "5 domains running - they only use one" like in "the other four are for other users"?

Regards,
    J
    From the times when today's "old school" was "new school"

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the star below...

Re: Virtualization Xen domain on SLES stay in block mode

Thanks for the responding.I will upgrade the server to SLES 11 SP4 to manage the Virtual Machines again.I cannot even open YaST to manage the Virtual machines, using Virtual Machine Manager.

4. Re: Virtualization Xen domain on SLES stay in block mode

Hi,

> I cannot even open YaST

then something is really weird on that machine. It *might* be a good idea to first try to grasp what's going wring, generally, before upgrading: You'd else might end up having carried the problem over to the new version, which might cause even more problems or leave you with a server that cannot even start the VM(s) anymore. At least that's how I would approach this.

Regards,
    J
    From the times when today's "old school" was "new school"

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the star below...