Thread: SUSE Manager 3.2 installation

Hybrid View

SUSE Manager 3.2 installation

Who it may concern

Reading the SUSE Manager 3.2 installation manual, is the following virtual environments still supported ?

VMware and
    Hyper-V ?

I did previously installed SUSE Manager 2.1 on a VMware vCentre.

2. Re: SUSE Manager 3.2 installation

Hi plaubscher,

from the SUSE Manager 3.2 release notes (https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x8...MANAGER/3.2/):

Requirements

SUSE Manager 3.2 Server is an extension for SLES 12 SP3 for x86-64, Power Systems (ppc64le), or z Systems (s390x).

[...]
    You’ll need a physical or virtual SLES 12 SP3 x86_64, ppc64le, or s390x system to install SUSE Manager 3.2 Server.
    Lacking any other listed constraints, I'd say it is supported on VMware and Hyper-V, as long as running the base OS (SLES 12 SP3) on your specific virtualization platform is supported.

But for a formal support statement, please contact SUSE directly, i.e. via your sales rep - this forum is intended as a user-to-user forum and while SUSE folks to stop by to help out many times, it still isn't recognized as a formal support channel.

Regards,
    J
    From the times when today's "old school" was "new school"

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the star below...

3. Re: SUSE Manager 3.2 installation

Quote Originally Posted by jmozdzen View Post
    Lacking any other listed constraints, I'd say it is supported on VMware and Hyper-V, as long as running the base OS (SLES 12 SP3) on your specific virtualization platform is supported.
    Yes, this is supported (under the SLES 12 SP3 constraint mentioned above).