Quote Originally Posted by wylbur View Post
Malcolm:

Please don't assume that I don't know how to fix the hostname during install or update. This is why I am complaining about Wicked -- It is an aptly named misbehaved product. Better would be that the installer gets fixed so that during UPDATE it goes and gets the information from the system being updated, rather than arbitrarily changing the hostname. I have had to go delete several instances in the SCC.SUSE.COM pages relative to my subscriptions because of this behavior.

I have gotten the system that is running SLED12 SP3 to respond to "efibootmgr -v" from the running SLED12 SP3!
This is what it returned:

# efibootmgr -v
HTML Code:
BootCurrent: 0003
Timeout: 1 seconds
BootOrder: 0000,0003,0001,0002
Boot0000* sled-secureboot  HD(1,GPT,6b27d312-1aff-4e73-bab3-4e4c0ea7ce8e,0x800,0xfa000)/File(\EFI\sled\shim.efi)
Boot0001* Hard Drive    BBS(HD,,0x0)..GO..NO........u.W.D.C. .W.D.1.0.E.Z.E.X.-.0.0.B.N.5.A.0....................A.................................>..Gd-.;.A..MQ..L. . . . .W. .-.D.C.W.3.C.5.F.H.C.9.7.J.D........BO..NO........u.W.D.C. .W.D.1.0.E.Z.E.X.-.0.0.B.N.5.A.0....................A.................................>..Gd-.;.A..MQ..L. . . . .W. .-.D.C.W.3.C.1.F.Y.Y.H.L.2.S........BO..NO........u.K.i.n.g.F.a.s.t....................A.................................>..Gd-.;.A..MQ..L.3.0.1.2.0.2.5.1.3.1.6.8. .8. . . . . . ........BO
Boot0002* CD/DVD Drive  BBS(CDROM,,0x0)..GO..NO........u.M.e.m.o.r.e.x. .M.R.X.-.5.5.0.L. .v.4....................A.................................>..Gd-.;.A..MQ..L.S.C.J.A.4.5.1.6.0.1.2.2.9.7. . . . . . ........BO
Boot0003* UEFI: Memorex MRX-550L v4  PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x1)/Sata(5,65535,0)/CDROM(1,0x29e,0x219c96)..BO
And the above system has CSM.

If I boot this system using the SLED 12 SP3 install CD and send it to "more" and Load Linux, then it can get the installed SLED12 SP3 system running.

My temp desktop system is now running SLED 15. And last boot it appeared (I wasn't there to see it all) that it booted directly into SLED15, but it may have gone through the SLED15 installer CD.

Bottom line at this point, I have usable systems (SLED13 SP3 is my wife's workstation, SLED15 is my temporary workstation).
Hi
Might be worth a Support Request for the installer....? I've only done fresh installs of SLE 15 on SCC it sets hostname as installer, then after I change the host name on next check-in it updates. It can also be checked/changed at the SCC registration page (Top Right - Network button).

CSM can be a bit funky on different systems (I've seen this on HP ProBook 44xx series). I'm guessing the BIOS is actually using the HDD entry (expects Windows), 0001, even though the default says 0000.

You can verify, if you look down in /boot/efi/EFI is there a 'Boot' folder? If not create one and then copy over shim.efi as bootx64.efi and see if it comes up. The other option is to check the BIOS and can you change the order here?

Another option is to add a new efi entry and make it thinks your booting Windows;
Code:
efibootmgr -c -L "Windows Boot Manager" -l "\\EFI\\Boot\\bootx64.efi"
Or try a /boot/efi/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi (which is a copy of shim.efi) and modify the above.

I have on ASUS K55A laptop and it played fine with SLED 15 and dual booting.