Thread: yast/yast2 is missing after install using minimal DVD1

yast/yast2 is missing after install using minimal DVD1

Dear experts,
    I am just new to SLES and just got one assignment to setup SLES15 to test something.
    I have installed evaluation version using DVD SLE-15-Installer-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso. Once installation done, I am not able to see yast/yast2 command. I have tried using zypper install <name> but no luck.

Need ur advise how I can install Yast.

Re: yast/yast2 is missing after install using minimal DVD1

Quote Originally Posted by akashmishra View Post
    Dear experts,
    I am just new to SLES and just got one assignment to setup SLES15 to test something.
    I have installed evaluation version using DVD SLE-15-Installer-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso. Once installation done, I am not able to see yast/yast2 command. I have tried using zypper install <name> but no luck.

Need ur advise how I can install Yast.
    Hi,

although I'm not entirely sure I believe you need to attach the "Packages" ISO to your machine and add it as a repository. Then you should be able to install yast packages.

Regards,
    Eugen

Quote Originally Posted by eblock View Post
    Hi,

although I'm not entirely sure I believe you need to attach the "Packages" ISO to your machine and add it as a repository. Then you should be able to install yast packages.

Regards,
    Eugen
    Hi Eugen,

I have the same issue with sles15. I tried to mount two iso files of installer GM DVD and could not find out the yast rpm package. Please advise.

Best Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by yuhuihu View Post
    I have the same issue with sles15. I tried to mount two iso files of installer GM DVD and could not find out the yast rpm package. Please advise.
    If you've really mounted two Installer ISOs try swapping one to the corresponding Packages ISO.

HTH.
    Simon
    SUSE Knowledge Partner
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yuhuihu View Post
    Hi Eugen,

Best Regards
    James
    Just to clarify: SLES 15 comes with two DVDs, the "Installer DVD" which is very basic, it's a minimal system (DVD size around 600 MB). The "Packages ISO" contains lots of packages and has a size of around 8 GB. So if you want to install required packages during installation or afterwards you can mount the Packages ISO and install the desired rpm's.

Regards,
    Eugen