Quote Originally Posted by mnshsnghl View Post
I dont have the configuration wrt fence_scsi right now, coz I started experimenting with something else. I will try this option, but I still dont know even if I configure this option what will trigger unfencing operation to this node ? I read at multiple places -- "The failed node will no longer be able to write to the device(s). A manual reboot is required."
Since reboot was not an option for me, I didnt configure that. But doesnt this sentence mean that a manual reboot needs to be triggered to the node, and during the course of reboot (maybe be before rebooting), the node shall be unfenced.

What I would want is to be able to "unfence" the node without rebooting. Is there a way to do it ? Can a node unfence itself once the issue with the node is resolved ?

Regards
Maneesh
Unfencing should be done by pacemaker itself with the meta attribute from the previous comments. Sadly my test cluster is ontop of VmWare and that doesn't support persistent SCSI-3 reservations.
If I have time, I will deploy an iSCSI and try it myself.
Keep in mind that the fence_scsi will automatically detect which LUNs need to be fenced/unfenced if they are part of a volume group with "c" flag (clustered) , but will require the "devices=" if you use HA-LVM (which I prefer as it supports dual corosync rings).