We are managing our SLES server with SUMA and salt. However, for the RHEL/OEL servers, we just want them registered with salt so we can invoke salt from the SUMA server to perform maintenance on the RHEL/OEL servers. We don't need anything SUMA will provide for the RHEL/OEL servers at the moment. I am downloading salt on the RHEL/OEL servers directly from saltstack. When I start up the minion, I can either accept the client's key from the SUMA Salt tab or from the command-line on the SUMA server using "salt-key -a <server>". However, this then creates an entry for the server in SUMA under Systems and then removes access to any yum repos we have configured on the RHEL/OEL server (on the RHEL/OEL server, we are getting updates directly from Oracle, not SUMA).

(before registering the server with SUMA)
Code:
# yum repolist all
ol7_x86_64_UEKR5               Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Rel enabled:      0
ol7_x86_64_ksplice             Ksplice for Oracle Linux 7 (x86_6 enabled:  4,501
ol7_x86_64_latest              Oracle Linux 7 Latest (x86_64)    enabled: 16,369
ol7_x86_64_userspace_ksplice   Ksplice aware userspace packages  enabled:    438
salt-latest/x86_64             SaltStack Latest Release Channel  enabled:    103
(after registering the server with suma all of the "enabled" channels are removed except for the "salt" repo)
Code:
# yum repolist all
salt-latest/x86_64             SaltStack Latest Release Channel for RHE disabled
We want SUMA to leave the yum channels intact. So, how can we use salt without SUMA?