Thread: virt-manager:Unable to connect to libvirt

virt-manager:Unable to connect to libvirt

hello,everybody. Recently I installed the latest suse 12.2 on my dell optiplex 390. After I install the xen part and bulid virtual machine on two exactly same machine, I try to connect the other one with virt-manager in YaST, and the error "Unable to connect to libvirt" appears, the details are as below:
    Unable to connect to libvirt.

authentication failed: polkit\56retains_authorization_after_challenge=1
    Authorization requires authentication but no agent is available.

Verify that the 'libvirtd' daemon is running
    on the remote host.

Details:
    Unable to connect to libvirt.

authentication failed: polkit\56retains_authorization_after_challenge=1
    Authorization requires authentication but no agent is available.

Verify that the 'libvirtd' daemon is running
    on the remote host.

Libvirt URI is: xen+ssh://elab2@192.168.0.66/

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1027, in _open_thread
    self.vmm = self._try_open()
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1009, in _try_open
    flags)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 102, in openAuth

Above is under the condition that libvirtd.conf been all commented. Libvirtd service is running. VNC is enabled. rsa_keys is copied. Googled many results, but none solved my problem. Anybody met such a question? Please share your wisdom with me, thanks.

Plus, When try to start virt-manager in console, the result is as below:
    ** (virt-manager:7835): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (virt-manager:7835): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (virt-manager:7835): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

(virt-manager:7835): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
    Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    Last edited by fangtuo90; 29-Sep-2012 at 04:51. Reason: xen, libvirt

Automatic reply NNTP User

Re: virt-manager:Unable to connect to libvirt

fangtuo90,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
    posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your issue been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://www.suse.com/support and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
    the other support options available.
    - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
    correct newsgroup. (http://forums.suse.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
    http://forums.suse.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
    and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your SUSE Forums Team
    http://forums.suse.com

Re: virt-manager:Unable to connect to libvirt

Quote Originally Posted by fangtuo90 View Post
    hello,everybody. Recently I installed the latest suse 12.2 on my dell optiplex 390. After I install the xen part and bulid virtual machine on two exactly same machine, I try to connect the other one with virt-manager in YaST, and the error "Unable to connect to libvirt" appears, the details are as below:
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Unable to connect to libvirt.
    Not 100% sure about this, but I specifically choose to use a Xen connection when remote connecting virt-manager to a Xen host (using SSH RSA keys) and when the host is running as KVM host, then select the default QEMU/libvirt.

So I'd suspect you are choosing the wrong option to connect with.

Cheers,
    Willem
    Knowledge Partner (voluntary sysop)
    ---
    If you find a post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below it. Thanks!