I have over 20 SLES 11 SP2 servers on System z that are registered with an SMT server, which I implemented this past summer. The activation code that these servers were registered with has expired and Novell has issued me a new code.
The following is the procedure that I've used for several years, prior to the implementation of an SMT server. I obtained this from an article I found on the Novell Knowledge Base.
- Go into YaST | Software | Software Repositories and delete all of the SLES 11 repositories.
- Exit from YaST.
- Issue command: zypper removeservice nu_novell_com
- Issue command: rm /etc/zypp/credentials.d/NCCcredentials
- Issue command: rm /var/cache/SuseRegister/lastzmdconfig.cache
- Get into YaST | Software | Online Update Configuration and launch the command-line browser to enter email address, server name, activation code, etc.
I've searched the Knowledge Base, as well as Google, and can't find the answer. Several of the servers are in a DMZ and can't access nu.novell.com via the internet (the reason I implemented SMT).
What is the procedure to re-register all of these servers with Novell using my SMT server?