SLES11 SP2. When installing a linux application (bin file), it chokes when it trys to install as a service. Here's the exact error:
Code:
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error running chkconfig --del alfresco : insserv: warning: script 'alfresco' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'alfresco' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: Default-Start undefined, assuming default start runlevel(s) for script `alfresco'
insserv: There is a loop between service RALUS and alfresco if stopped
insserv:  loop involving service alfresco at depth 2
insserv:  loop involving service RALUS at depth 1
insserv: Stopping alfresco depends on VRTSralus.init and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv:  loop involving service apache at depth 4
insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!
/sbin/insserv failed, exit code 1
I have confirmed the application installs and i can manually start it. When i try to chkconfig alfresco on, i get the same above error. So this tells me that it has something to do with the service, maybe run levels. I am not a linux guru and am hoping someone here can help me interpret what the above error(s). Not really worried about the LSB tags (unless someone has any insight on it). What i can discern from the above error is this, alfresco service has an issue with the RALUS and apache service? RALUS is the backup exec agent on the server and we all know what apache is. Why would the alfresco service have a problem with other services on the server?

What does "depth" 2 and 1 mean? Is that the run levels maybe? Any insight on this would be much appreciated