SUSECON

Thread: SLES 11 SP2 won't install via PXE

Threaded View

SLES 11 SP2 won't install via PXE

Hi guys,

I'm working on a OS Deployment Solution using a Ubuntu 13.04 as my deployment server.
    I need to deploy several OS including ESXi, Windows and Linux distributions. DHCP and TFTP daemons work fine. My PXE Boot Menu also works and I can succesfully deploy multiple distributions of Windows, Linux and also VMWare ESXi.

However, if I wan't to deploy SLES 11 SP2 I encounter following error, when the setup is trying to download Installation File 3/6: tftp://<tftpip>/<pathtorepository>/DVD1/boot/x86_64/root: SHA1 sum wrong.
    The error message insists that I may continue in an insecure mode, however this doesn't work either.

I double checked MD5 checksum of my Image and it is correct. So I extracted the image again to make sure the root file isn't corrupt.
    Back on the client I receive the same error.

Here's the SLES part of my pxelinux.cfg/default
    Code:
    Label sles
    MENU LABEL ^Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11
    KERNEL SLES/DVD1/boot/x86_64/loader/linux
    APPEND initrd=SLES/DVD1/boot/x86_64/loader/initrd ramdisk_size=65536 install=tftp://<tftpip>/SLES/DVD1
    I should mention that deployment must be done over network, with my existing setup. Netboot is no option for my solution.

I hope that someone can help me out here.
    Many thanks in advance.

Edit: I'll try it with the new SP3 image now, still looking for advice for the problem above though. Any help is highly appreciated.
    Last edited by bluesmoke92; 09-Jul-2013 at 11:52.