Hey oldcpu,

Well here is a funny story ..... So while trying to fix the snowy video, I changed the SaX2 config to use the VESA settings. A better display but a little out of focus (a bit like when I have had one too many whiskys). I also found the "Lock Screen" and "Logout" and "Restart" and "Switch User" didn't work properly. mmmh more stuff to try and fix later. I discovered that the video is an ATI Radeon embedded video. Downloaded the driver from the AMD site. It seems as if AMD now own ATI. (enuff with the acronyms). Back to the thin client I am trying to build (Thanks SuSE Studio). I try to install the video package in an X terminal and get weird errors, like insufficient disk space (500mb used to install the driver..., random shutdowns ......) Where to next, confusion reigns! Mumble grumble... So in a desperate attempt I now reboot the device in "failsafe mode" and login as root. I am now at run level 3 (I think), I reinstall the ATI driver and shutdown. Mutter mutter, curse, curse, if this doesn't work I think I will use the device as an anchor or something. Next thing the login box appears all crisp and clear and I login. Shutdown, Logout, Switch User and Restart all work again. Yah!! It's all linked together somewhere, hahaha .... So my job is done, onto the next project!