Trying to enable SSL Authentication - Apache2 to eDir LDAP
Have a SLES 11 sp2 server running Apache 2.2.12. Up to now we have been using plain text LDAP authentication to our eDirectory server and that has worked fine. Want to enable SSL but am getting Apache error screen upon attempting to enable SSL authentication. I know the exported server certificate is good because am using the same cert in some Sonicwall firewalls to enable SSL LDAP authentication for VPN to the same eDir server. Here is the code in our "ldap-login.conf" file (included in our httpd.conf file for Apache).
The way these lines are now, it works plain text. When I uncomment lines #2 & #13 and comment out line #14, that is when it stops working. Is there something I need that is missing? Thanks!
1. # Following line may be needed for LDAPS
2. # LDAPTrustedGlobalCert CA_DER /root/certs/dgw-edir.der
3. <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/">
4. Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
5. AllowOverride None
6. Order allow,deny
7. Allow from All
8. AuthName "Protected"
9. AuthType Basic
10. AuthBasicAuthoritative off
11. AuthBasicProvider ldap
12. AuthzLDAPAuthoritative on
13. # AuthLDAPURL ldaps://10.0.0.1:636/o=dgww?cn?sub
14. AuthLDAPURL ldap://10.0.0.1:389/o=dgww?cn?sub
15. Require valid-user