Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is "lsb" package? needed to run flexlm license manager

1. Re: Where is "lsb" package? needed to run flexlm license man

Quote Originally Posted by awalker678 View Post
    Hello,
    To wrap up this thread, I will report that I've solved my issue. Turns out there is an iso file on my system which contains the binary packages. I did not know that I was supposed to manually add this iso file as a repository. Once I did that, the packages appeared in my list of software and I was able to install what I needed. It would have been nice if HP had supplied instruction, but I guess they figure if you are buying SLED you already know what to do. Anyway, I know now.
    Thanks for your help,
    Alison
    Hi
    Thanks for the update On question, did you get this information about enabling the iso image repository from HP Support, or elsewhere?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Re: Where is "lsb" package? needed to run flexlm license man

No, I had not yet managed to reach HP support, and In the end I just figured it out. I knew I had iso files to burn a boot disk, but I hadn't realized that an iso could also be added as a software repository. Once I realized that, I just tried adding all the iso files on the system until I found the one that worked.
    Alison

3. Re: Where is "lsb" package? needed to run flexlm license man

Hi Alison,

> I was supposed to manually add this iso file as a repository.

this won't get you any updates, though. Those are distributed via online repositories, which will have to be added to the system.

If your license would have been from SUSE, you'd have received a license code with your package that you enter during registration. Then the (system and update) repositories are added automagically.

Since this is an HP-supplied license, some things may work differently. I found this document https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7002791 (for SLED10) stating that you'll have to buy a support pack from HP to receive updates and that the registration key comes with that support pack.

Regards,
    Jens
    From the times when today's "old school" was "new school"

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the star below...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12