Thread: Hyper-V 2012 R2 and SLES 11 SP3

1. Hyper-V 2012 R2 and SLES 11 SP3

Good Morning,

I am looking at running SLES on Hyper-V 2012 R2. The SLES looks to happy but in the Windows event log there are a couple of messages about incorrect versions.

Networking driver in SubTrac loaded but has a different version from the server. Server version 5.0 Client version 3.2
    A storage device in 'SubTrac' loaded but has a different version from the server. Server version 6.0 Client version 5.1

According to all the documentation, SLES 11 SP3 is supported on Hyper-V 2012 R2.

The suggested solution to the problem is "To fix this problem, upgrade the integration services."

The Linux Integration Services for Hyper-V 2012 R2 included RedHat and Centos drivers. For SUSE the driver are supposed to be "built-in".

Where can I find the latest Linux Integration Services for SLES.

Thank you.

2. Re: Hyper-V 2012 R2 and SLES 11 SP3

Hi David,

first of all, I have no practical experience with HyperV, I'm just giving advice based on what I can find from different sources.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2387594/en-us provides information on how to install the SLES side of things (scroll down to the section titled "To use DKMS with Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 or 11:"), including URLs to download the driver source.

Furthermore, the description of the Linux Integration Services v3.5 download (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=41554) states "PAE kernel support: Provides drivers that are compatible with PAE enabled Linux virtual machines." - so maybe you need to run a PAE kernel to have these devices supported automatically?

Regards,
    Jens
    From the times when today's "old school" was "new school"

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the star below...