I just finished upgrading my system to SLES11SP3 and configured SSSD for authentication. It joined the domain correctly, the config files have been setup properly. The issue is I start the SSSD service but it stops after a vew seconds. The /var/log/sssd/sssd_[domain.com].log complains about "Unable to load ad module with path (/usr/lib64/sssd/libsss_ad.so) because the file doesn't exist. It is true that it does not exist. I compared with a RHEL server setup in the same way and it does exist on that one. I scrubbed the web for similar issues without luck and copying various version of that library failed with kernel mismatch errors and long lists of prerequisites missing ... I'm sure there's a simple fix for this that I am missing since apparently it's not part of the SSSD package on purpose.