Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: SLES 12 and XenServer 6.2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    36

    SLES 12 and XenServer 6.2

    I'm wondering if anyone has any information on getting SLES 12 installed on a XenServer 6.2 install. The installation process has changed and the xs-tools package will not install on a new SLES 12 VM.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2

    Re: SLES 12 and XenServer 6.2

    On 27/10/2014 14:44, boblmartens wrote:

    > I'm wondering if anyone has any information on getting SLES 12 installed
    > on a XenServer 6.2 install. The installation process has changed and the
    > xs-tools package will not install on a new SLES 12 VM.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.


    SLES12 includes a xen-tools package so perhaps install that rather than
    xs-tools. It in turn has other requirements.

    HTH.
    --
    Simon
    SUSE Knowledge Partner

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    36

    Re: SLES 12 and XenServer 6.2

    Quote Originally Posted by smflood View Post
    On 27/10/2014 14:44, boblmartens wrote:

    > I'm wondering if anyone has any information on getting SLES 12 installed
    > on a XenServer 6.2 install. The installation process has changed and the
    > xs-tools package will not install on a new SLES 12 VM.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.


    SLES12 includes a xen-tools package so perhaps install that rather than
    xs-tools. It in turn has other requirements.

    HTH.
    --
    Simon
    SUSE Knowledge Partner

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I thought I had seen that. I'll give it another try and then restart the machine and see if I get a better response. Otherwise I'll wait for Creedence and hope they have the xs-tools install updated by then.

  4. #4

    Re: SLES 12 and XenServer 6.2

    Hi,

    I installed SLES12 manually, as you said you cant use the script install.sh for the xs-tools.
    So, you need to install the rpm files manually.

    host:/mnt/XenTools/Linux # rpm -i xe-guest-utilities-xenstore-6.2.0-1137.x86_64.rpm
    host:/mnt/XenTools/Linux # rpm -i xe-guest-utilities-6.2.0-1137.x86_64.rpm

    It seems to work fine.

    I hope the next major version will support SLES12 and also SLES11 SP3 officially.

    regards

    Lars

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    36

    Re: SLES 12 and XenServer 6.2

    Quote Originally Posted by xgadlga View Post
    Hi,

    I installed SLES12 manually, as you said you cant use the script install.sh for the xs-tools.
    So, you need to install the rpm files manually.

    host:/mnt/XenTools/Linux # rpm -i xe-guest-utilities-xenstore-6.2.0-1137.x86_64.rpm
    host:/mnt/XenTools/Linux # rpm -i xe-guest-utilities-6.2.0-1137.x86_64.rpm

    It seems to work fine.

    I hope the next major version will support SLES12 and also SLES11 SP3 officially.

    regards

    Lars
    That is what I ended up doing. I'm also hoping it will be included in the next release.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •