Yesterday I upgraded one of my SLES 11 SP2 servers to SLES 11 SP3. I have IDM 4.0.1 installed on this server. This is a VMWare server for which the original install was SLES 11 for VMWare. It would not accept the SLES 11 SP3 for VMWare media when I first tried to upgrade so I used the non-VMWare SLES 11 SP3 media and I was successful. I had absolutely no errors during the upgrade. However when I came to the Registration Code window for the NCC I received the error below. I also received the same error on my SMT server (which was a physical box) after an upgrade and now I have no repositories available. Read somewhere that SP3 includes a new version of MYSql. Is there some trick so it wonít foul up your upgrade. Documentation I have found quite limited. I now have two servers I cannot use. Easy to reinstall however I canít do this on my production boxes. Any ideas or tips in upgrading a SLES 11 sp2 server to SLES 11 SP3? Appreciate your comments. Thank you!!

The error below is when I am trying to register a server named doaawf-p. However this error references my SMT server doaa-smt. What the heck?

ERROR: 500: Server error!
The server encounterred an internal error and was unable to complete request.
Error message:
DBI connect('database=smt;host=localhost'.smt',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/SMT/Utils.pm line 114
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500

doaa-smt.audits.ga.gov
Thu October 30 08:49:08 2014
Apache/2.1.12 Linux/SUSE
500 Internal server error