Thread: how to enable "add to archieve" in express manu?

Hybrid View

how to enable "add to archieve" in express manu?

Hello:

I noticed that each time I "right click" on a folder, there is no longer "add to archieve" or "tar file" option in popped up express manu. I am just wondering how can we get this option back in SLED 12?

thank you very much.

Albert

Re: how to enable "add to archieve" in express manu?

Quote Originally Posted by albumns View Post
    I noticed that each time I "right click" on a folder, there is no longer "add to archieve" or "tar file" option in popped up express manu. I am just wondering how can we get this option back in SLED 12?
    This is an interesting question because until you ask I didn't realise that option isn't there. In GNOME 3 the option is called 'Compress' and on openSUSE it is provided by the nautilus-file-roller package which provides /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-3.0/libnautilus-fileroller.so. The nautilus-file-roller package is not in SLED 12, or in the SLE 12 SDK and zypper says that nothing provides libnautilus-fileroller.so. So the answer to your question appears to be, you don't

You can submit an enhancement request at
    https://www.suse.com/support/handbook/#q14
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, please show your appreciation and click on the star below... thanks!

3. Re: how to enable "add to archieve" in express manu?

Hi
    I miss it.... so grabbed the src and rebuilt on OBS until it gets re-added....
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...al/file-roller
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!