Thread: Upgrading From 12.3 to 13.1 Assist

Threaded View

Upgrading From 12.3 to 13.1 Assist

Hi,

I'm attempting to upgrade from 12.3 to 13.1 via the method on this website>

https://www.unixmen.com/upgrade-open...opensuse-13-1/

I went upto the part where I change the repositories from 12.3 to 13.1 via this command>

Code:
    sed -i 's/12\.3/13\.1/g' /etc/zypp/repos.d/*
    I then listed my repos via the zypper lr command and I'm missing this line that he shows in his output>
    1 | openSUSE-13.1-1.7 | openSUSE-13.1-1.7 | Yes | No

Mine shows this>
    Code:
    linux-tso4:~/bkup/repos/repos.d.bak # zypper lr
    # | Alias                     | Name                               | Enabled | Refresh
    --+---------------------------+------------------------------------+---------+--------
    1 | repo-debug                | openSUSE-13.1-Debug                | No      | Yes    
    2 | repo-debug-update         | openSUSE-13.1-Update-Debug         | No      | Yes    
    3 | repo-debug-update-non-oss | openSUSE-13.1-Update-Debug-Non-Oss | No      | Yes    
    4 | repo-non-oss              | openSUSE-13.1-Non-Oss              | Yes     | Yes    
    5 | repo-oss                  | openSUSE-13.1-Oss                  | Yes     | Yes    
    6 | repo-source               | openSUSE-13.1-Source               | No      | Yes    
    7 | repo-update               | openSUSE-13.1-Update               | Yes     | Yes    
    8 | repo-update-non-oss       | openSUSE-13.1-Update-Non-Oss       | Yes     | Yes
    So, I didn't want to attempt to proceed with the upgrade since it's not listing the above repo. Is this going to cause issues if I try to upgrade? How can I add that to mine?

I'd rather not jack up my SUSE Dual boot load but 12.3 is dated and it appears to be lacking updates now. I did backup my 12.3 repos prior to updating to 13.1 repos so hopefully I can revert if necessary.
    Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by NuxIT; 08-Mar-2015 at 22:14.