Hi,

I have a Cloud 5 environment (OpenStack Juno) with 4 nodes, 1 admin (VM, SLES11), 1 control (phys. SLES11) and 2 compute nodes (both phys., SLES11 and SLES12).
Now what I try to accomplish is to use a new storage node running with Cinder Kilo version because of some features that are supported there, but this storage node should not be maintained by Chef. That's why I can't simply add it in crowbar UI as a cinder volume.
So I installed Cinder services on that new node, on control node I deleted the keystone endpoints pointing to the controller and created new endpoints for the new storage node, shutdown all Cinder services on the control node and now I am able to use that new storage node. Unfortunately, it only works for a couple of minutes, until my new endpoints are deleted and the old ones get re-created, I'm not sure yet which service is responsible for that or which config file should be modified to avoid the overwriting. When I try to deactivate the cinder barclamp in crowbar I get the error message because of the dependencies, of course. But I don't want to deactivate/delete all barclamps, I just want to tell Chef that I don't need http://control_node:8776/v1/... anymore but only my new endpoints. Is there a way to do that without messing everything up?
I'd appreciate any help or information!

Regards,
Eugen