Quote Originally Posted by KBOYLE View Post
Hi David,

I don't believe it is so much about failures but more about sharing experiences so that others can progress beyond where we have been.

I hope others will jump in with their experiences. That's how we make progress.

While this forum is a great place to exchange ideas, there are other vehicles that may provide greater visibility. Have you considered promoting your post to an Article or creating a Blog which could generate additional interest and may elicit feedback from others who may not participate in the forums?

You have provided a lot of valuable information. Thank you and please continue to contribute!
Thanks for the kind comments and encouragement, Kevin! I'm still figuring my way around SUSE/SLES/openSUSE-LEAP-Tumbleweed distinctions, and I surely don't know the best place to post queries or solutions. I'll look into the Article vs Blog business. Given the volume of postings I've generated around these two issues, a blog might make more sense -- there's still a lot of give-and-take in the discussion as we try to figure out how to make it work. "Article" sounds more like a more-or-less finished approach to solving a problem, and I'm surely not there yet!

I had gotten pretty discouraged after spending a good deal of time on one problem, then switching to another and getting to the same dead end (!), but exchanges and guidance from Forum participants has been encouraging again. So I'll see if I can make some more progress.

Thanks again for the note and encouragement!

David Todd
(old techie / SUSE newbie)