Yea, I finally got that on my own. I gave up on using logrotate and I created a shell script that I put into the /etc/cron.hourly directory. It seems to be running exactly as I need it to. My only problem now is what to do to keep from running out of disk space.

I'm going to need another shell script that I can put in the /etc/cron.monthly directory that will search all the subdirectories beneath the /var/log/audit directory, check the single file that is in each one of those directories to see if it is older than 60 days and, if so, delete the file and the folder it was in. Problem is I won't know the directory name or the filename in advance. When they both get created (the directory and the file in it) they can a somewhat random name (because the name includes in it the date and time that was the current date and time when my CURRTIME environment variable got "exported". I'm not sure how I'm going to do this. But I figure I have a couple of months to figure it out. Below is the code in my shell script for rotating the logfiles:

#! /bin/sh
# /etc/cron.hourly/taudit-reinit
# Description: Re-initialize the fwaudit.log file

CURRTIME=`date --rfc-3339=ns | awk '{print $1"_"$2}'`
mkdir /var/log/audit/$CURRTIME
service syslog stop
mv /var/log/audit/taudit.log /var/log/audit/$CURRTIME/taudit2.log
service syslog start
cd /var/log/audit/$CURRTIME
gzip /var/log/audit/$CURRTIME/taudit2.log
mv /var/log/audit/$CURRTIME/taudit2.log.gz /var/log/audit/$CURRTIME/taudit2.log.$CURRTIME.gz