Autoyast2 Not Starting Installation

Good Day,

We are going to be using SLES 12 server soon. As per our RHEL Servers and a kickstart file, we are wanting to do the same with the SLES Servers. I have created an autoyast file and stored it on a web server. The path is reachable.

I boot off the ISO and then give the following boot options :

autoyast2=http://xx.xx.x.xx/sles/sles12sp2-autoinstall.xml

It however stalls with the following after getting an IP Address via DHCP :

Loading http://xx.xx.x.xx/sles/sles12sp2-autoinstall.xml -

I also added the following option as the ISO contents were copied to the same web server :

install=http://xx.xx.x.xx/sles-sap/repo

I will continue reading further and trying more options but if someone could try and provide some feedback it would be much appreciated …

Regards

On 05/08/2017 07:34 AM, shaunglass wrote:[color=blue]

Good Day,

We are going to be using SLES 12 server soon. As per our RHEL Servers
and a kickstart file, we are wanting to do the same with the SLES
Servers. I have created an autoyast file and stored it on a web server.
The path is reachable.

I boot off the ISO and then give the following boot options :

-autoyast2=http://xx.xx.x.xx/sles/sles12sp2-autoinstall.xml-

It however stalls with the following after getting an IP Address via
DHCP :

-Loading http://xx.xx.x.xx/sles/sles12sp2-autoinstall.xml - -[/color]

Any more details on the error? Does it successfully get an IP address,
DNS servers (if needed), and a default gateway? Is the netmask set
appropriately? When this happens are you able to switch o a console
(Ctrl+Alt+F2) yet, and if so can you successfully ping or otherwise test
access to the install source? Is this a VM, or can you otherwise trace
the LAN/wire in order to see if the connection to the AutoYaST file works
properly?

Is this really just SLES 12, or are you using SP2 while you’re at it?

–
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.

[QUOTE=ab;37771]On 05/08/2017 07:34 AM, shaunglass wrote:[color=blue]

Good Day,

We are going to be using SLES 12 server soon. As per our RHEL Servers
and a kickstart file, we are wanting to do the same with the SLES
Servers. I have created an autoyast file and stored it on a web server.
The path is reachable.

I boot off the ISO and then give the following boot options :

-autoyast2=http://xx.xx.x.xx/sles/sles12sp2-autoinstall.xml-

It however stalls with the following after getting an IP Address via
DHCP :

-Loading http://xx.xx.x.xx/sles/sles12sp2-autoinstall.xml - -[/color]

Any more details on the error? Does it successfully get an IP address,
DNS servers (if needed), and a default gateway? Is the netmask set
appropriately? When this happens are you able to switch o a console
(Ctrl+Alt+F2) yet, and if so can you successfully ping or otherwise test
access to the install source? Is this a VM, or can you otherwise trace
the LAN/wire in order to see if the connection to the AutoYaST file works
properly?

Is this really just SLES 12, or are you using SP2 while you’re at it?

–
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.[/QUOTE]

Ok … apologies, was SLES 12 SP2. What I have done is as follows :

[LIST]
[]switched from autoyast2 to autoyast with the ifcfg component.
[
]dvd as installation source
[*]http to https for path to xml file
[/LIST]

It fails to find xml file but then popup prompts to check / change path. I switch from https to http … works. Workaround, but works.

Regards

Are you able to try just one or two of those changes to see if any one is
the problem? I’ve personally never used ‘autoyast2’ so I would start with
just using ‘autoyast’ along with your original HTTP-based XML file and
network-based installation source. If that works, perhaps there is
something broken with the ‘autoyast2’ part (I had to check the docs to see
that it auto-configured networking, so that’s a nice feature to have).

–
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.