Closing keynote surprise

Nils announced in the closing keynote that the next SUSECon will be
held in Europe. What are your thoughts on that?

–
Kim - 11/24/2014 11:15:32 AM

Initial thoughts:

Why did the SUSECon survey ask how I liked the venue if Europe was already
decided?

Why move the venue when growth is so big here in the USA? I suppose there
must be more customers expected there than here, which is a good reason
for the company, but potentially impacts customers here negatively. Oh
well… I’m biased.

–
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below…

Hey ab:
[color=blue]

Why did the SUSECon survey ask how I liked the venue if Europe was
already decided?[/color]

Maybe they wanted to know in case they decide to do it here again.
[color=blue]

Why move the venue when growth is so big here in the USA?[/color]

You got it. The potential for reaching those in Europe that haven’t
been able to attend and from what I hear, it’s more than have attended
here.

–
Kim - 11/24/2014 2:08:25 PM

It actually helped me. I have been to SUSECon since they started and in my opinion this year was weak. Maybe I missed something but I wasn’t impressed and had thought about skipping next year. This would give me the opportunity to check out another “con” conference. When they said next year was in Europe I was like great, decision made…I won’t be there next year.

I like SUSE and their conference but this year was a little disappointing.

Hey D8TA:
[color=blue]

I like SUSE and their conference but this year was a little
disappointing.[/color]

You said “weak”. What were you expecting where the conference didn’t
live up to your expectations? Just curious as most of the people I
talked to said it was a better conference than last year. I hope you
gave the feedback on the conference survey so the conference organizers
know where they fell short in your eyes.

–
Kim - 11/25/2014 8:56:58 AM

I did provide honest feedback on the conference survey. I guess if this was your first one it was probably good but in my opinion a lot of the information about SLE12 was sounding like a broken record. Also, while there was more sessions the time of the sessions were reduced. They also put time restrictions on the vendor area which was during lunch. I don’t know maybe it is just me but I wasn’t impressed this year. I like SUSE and think it is the best Linux distribution in Enterprises which have limited Linux resources. In fact, most of our Windows admins are able to manage SUSE. :slight_smile:

Again, maybe I was expecting more and the reason I feel it fell short.

Hey, perception is reality and if you feel it didn’t meet your
expectations, it didn’t…at least for you. I heard from many others
that said it was better than past years and exceeded their expectations.

–
Kim - 12/9/2014 7:37:59 AM