PDA

View Full Version : SLES 12 High Availability

niculelu
14-Feb-2018, 14:03
hi,
i wish to install and configure cluster on sles 12.
in documentation https://www.suse.com/documentation/sle-ha-12/install-quick/data/install-quick.html#sec_ha_inst_quick_installation
Click the Patterns tab and activate the High Availability pattern in the pattern list.

I click patterns and i do not see High Availability.

What should i perform in order to see it?

Or how can i install from command line?
tnx

eblock
14-Feb-2018, 15:05
Hi,

Click the Patterns tab and activate the High Availability pattern in the pattern list.

prior to that instruction it says:

This pattern is only available after SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension has been installed as an extension to SUSEŽ Linux Enterprise Server.

Have you installed the extension on your server(s)? If not, this can be done via yast add-on.

Regards

niculelu
15-Feb-2018, 08:40
hi,
i installed after your answer.for corosync traffic,the 2 nics is better to be configured under bonding?tnx

eblock
15-Feb-2018, 10:20
Hi,

in the link to the docs you mentioned, under the section "Communication Channels" it says:

At least two TCP/IP communication media per cluster node. The network equipment must support the communication means you want to use for cluster communication: multicast or unicast. The communication media should support a data rate of 100 Mbit/s or higher. For a supported cluster setup two or more redundant communication paths are required. This can be done via:

- Network Device Bonding (to be preferred).
- A second communication channel in Corosync.

So I guess you're not forced to, but it's recommended to bond the interfaces.

Regards