PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with lexmark.com?



GofBorg
27-Jan-2012, 21:33
Major problems accessing the site. Page clicks take forever or sometimes
result in server unavailable.

GofBorg
27-Jan-2012, 21:34
> Major problems accessing the site. Page clicks take forever or sometimes
> result in server unavailable.

Try this link:

http://www1.lexmark.com/US/en/view/Printers/catId=cat170005-category

craig wilson
27-Jan-2012, 21:54
or http://www.hp.com

On 1/27/2012 3:34 PM, GofBorg wrote:
>> Major problems accessing the site. Page clicks take forever or sometimes
>> result in server unavailable.
>
> Try this link:
>
> http://www1.lexmark.com/US/en/view/Printers/catId=cat170005-category


--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

GofBorg
27-Jan-2012, 22:04
> or http://www.hp.com
Already been there as well as others...just info gathering.

George
28-Jan-2012, 00:02
On 1/27/2012 3:54 PM, craig wilson wrote:
> or http://www.hp.com
>
>
It seems like this week has been fighting a number of silly HP printer
driver issues maybe http://www.somethingelseplease.com is what I need.

Dave Taylor
01-Feb-2012, 09:21
George <George@nospam.invalid> wrote in news:c2GUq.470$zd7.173
@kovat.provo.novell.com:

> On 1/27/2012 3:54 PM, craig wilson wrote:
>> or http://www.hp.com
>>
>>
> It seems like this week has been fighting a number of silly HP printer
> driver issues maybe http://www.somethingelseplease.com is what I need.

Silly as in not tested in a lab before release at HP? I got this update
email and thought to myself, this should never have been released! Is any
testing done?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?
objectID=c03168507

--
Ciao, Dave

GofBorg
01-Feb-2012, 17:13
>Is any testing done?

It's my opinion that all testing is now done at the end user level.

Dave Taylor
06-Feb-2012, 12:46
GofBorg <GofBorg@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote in news:TwdWq.1301
$zd7.795@kovat.provo.novell.com:

>>Is any testing done?
>
> It's my opinion that all testing is now done at the end user level.
>

This is a very sad trend, but for us old timers, a trend that is reality.
Can we make it stop?


--
Ciao, Dave

GofBorg
06-Feb-2012, 18:05
> This is a very sad trend, but for us old timers, a trend that is reality.
> Can we make it stop?

Doubtful, end users are so trained to expect patches that it's almost
assumed it won't work properly from the outset.

leroyjjr
23-Mar-2012, 23:46
Is that something akin to what Microsoft does with its' software?
The old reliable ones have gone by the 'wayside' (OkiData, NetWare,
PaintJet and others that would make this list too long)


Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)


--
leroyjjr
------------------------------------------------------------------------
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=451454